Kabanata Isa: Bid

Aria

Masaya at kabado akong lakad nang lakad sa backsatage. Bawat modelo ay nilalapitan ko para masigurado na lahat ay magiging maayos. It took me six months to finish all this, and I want this to be a success. When I saw Mama with the host of the event ay agad ko silang nilapitan.

"Make sure everything is secure. Every. Single. Jewelry." Utos ni Mama kay Jeffrey. Agaran itong tumango at sinunod ang utos. Nilingon ako ni Mama.

"Mama, we've got five minutes left for this collection to start. Everthing is okay, right?" Paninigurado ko. I need assurance from her to at least calm me down a bit.

"Yes, mi hija. All models are ready and they're wearing it." Nakangiting sagot sa akin ni Mama. That helped me a bit. I tried to fan myself with my hand. I looked at the clock. Two minutes left. This is it. huminga ako ng malalim at lumapit sa entrance ng mga modelo.

"Ladies and Gents! Having fun?! Now, let me introduce to you the Celestial Collection of Aria Castiblanco!" Hiyaw ni Jeffrey, then a loud applause came next. Then the song Me & My Girls played through the speakers.

Isa-isang naglabasan ang mga modelo suot-suot ang mga alahas na desenyo ko. I can hear multiple clicks of cameras. I peeked and it almost made me faint. Halos hindi ako makahinga sa saya at excitement. This is my first ever collection. I feel so alive. It took four minutes for the runway show to end.

"So dazzling right? Now, let us call the woman behind of all this. The one and only, Aria Castiblanco!"

Lumabas ako mula sa backstage at kumaway sa mga audience. I flashed a sweet smile at tsaka lumapit kay Jeffrey.

"Oh my! Miss Aria is just like her works. So breathtaking!" Pambobola nito. Everyone clapped at mas lalo naman akong napangiti.

"Well, thank you, Jeffrey. And for all of you, thank you so much for coming. This is such an immense pleasure for me and my mother. Please, let us all welcome, Ophelia Castiblanco!" Panimula ko. Nilingon ko si Mama na palabas sa backstage. We all clapped then I handed her the microphone.

"Thank you, Ladies and gentlemen. I am so proud to showcase our new collections. Also, in a few minutes, the fantasy Collection and the Celestial Collection will be displayed. For now, the drinks and food will be served at function room #3. Please enjoy and again, thank you for coming."

I could not contain my happiness. It went successfully. Nang makabalik kami ni Mama sa backstage ay agad ko siyang niyakap.

"I'm so happy, Mama. I poured my everything to this collection. Thank you so much for helping and supporting me." I said, teary eyed. I felt Mama kissed the top of my head.

"I'm happy too, mi hija. I told you, you are a great designer. You're born for it." She giggled. "Now, let's prepare for the selling. A lot of bidders are waiting."

We went inside of the function room where the jewelries are displayed. Everyone is scanning the displays. I am so pleased on the outcome of this showcase. I saw Mama chit-chatting with someone, and she simply gestured me to join them.

"Mi hija, let me introduce you to the Moreali's. This is Valentina Moreali, and her daughter, Lilith, also her son, Alejandro." Pakilala ni Mama. Isa-isa ko silang kinamayan. They look so elegant and mighty. Sa mga pangalan pa lang, you will know they are like royals.

"I'm so pleased to meet all of you. Did you all enjoy the show?" Tanong ko. I saw Lilith grinned.

"Are you kidding? It was superb! And the jewelries, oh my God." Papuri ni Lilith. Halos mapunit na ang labi ko sa lapad ng ngiti.

"Thank you, Miss Moreali." I said then she chuckled.

"Oh, please. Call me Lilith. Can we be best of friends now?" Hagikhik nitong saad. Umangkla ito sa braso ko. "You wouldn't mind if I steal you for a moment to show me your favorites, right?"

"It'll be my-" before I can even finish, she started to drag me to the displays. I looked back at them and saw Alejandro Moreali's intense gaze. The look that will make you feel he is dissecting you to pieces. A predator ready to pounce on its prey. I couldn't take the eye contact, so I gave my attention back to Lilith.

"Celestial is my debut collection. It is my blood and tears so I decided it'll be a combination of red and white diamonds. I also envision that whoever wears it will feel like a queen. A royal that conquers everything."

Lilith is focused on the jewelry. I can see her eyes shining over it.

"This one is my favorite. The blood celestial necklace. It has eight oval 10 carats each of red diamonds and each red diamond is surrounded by 1 carat white diamonds. Mama told me I went all in when I designed this."

"Aria, I think I just fell in love. This is beyond... gorgeous." She praised. Hindi ko napigilan na mapangiti.

"The bidding will start in a couple of minutes, why don't I escort you back to your seat?" Alok ko. Nang makarating kami sa pwesto nila, I saw Mrs. Moreali and her son comfortably sitting. When they saw me, I just simply gestured a nod and left.

I joined Mama at the stage with Jeffrey hosting and starting the bidding. We started off with Mama's collection. Tila binagyo ang kay Mama. Every single piece is sold. Then Jeffrey started with my collection. He started with the Cascade celestial set. My pure white diamond set. The bid started at 2 million dollars and was sold to 3.2 million.

"And the last but not the least, the Blood Celestial set. It contains the blood necklace with eight oval red diamonds and each diamond weighs 10 carats. Every blood diamond is surrounded by 1 carat white diamonds. And let me tell you, it is bloody breathtaking. While the ring of fire has 8 carats of red diamond and surrounded by 0.50 carats of white diamonds. Next is the phoenix bracelet. It has four round red diamonds and weighs 4 carats each. And lastly the red pear earrings. Each blood diamond weighs 5 carats with 0.25 carats of white diamonds. Anyone who will wear this will be a literal queen. Let us start the bidding at 3 million dollars. Anyone?"

"Three million dollars." A man in a thawb clothing raised his card.

"3.3 million dollars." A woman in her early 50's battled.

"3.5!" The arab gentleman fought back.

"3.7 million for the bloody thing!" An English woman raised her card.

"3.7 million dollars! Anyone?" Si Jeffrey.

"4 million!" The arab gentleman raised his bid again.

"4.2!" the English woman raised hers again.

The bids are getting too hot, I did not expect this. My heart almost dropped when he stood up and lazily raised his card and bid.

"7 million dollars and a date with the designer." Alejandro bid. My jaw dropped. Some of the bidders gasped, probably because of the 7 million but my shock was due to the other thing.

"7 million dollars! Any higher than that?" Hamon pa ni Jeffrey.

"Don't forget about the date. It's included on my bid." Pahabol ni Alejandro. I felt Mama closed my mouth and she whispered.

"You wanna take that, mi hija?" I can hear the teasing in her voice. Even Jeffrey chuckled.

"7 million dollars and a date, going once... twice... and sold to the devilishly handsome number 30." I heard Jeffrey's gavel pounding on the block surface. And that striking sound felt as if my fate was sealed and sold to the devil himself.

Everyone clapped and cheered, still shocked all I did was stared at him. I can see something in his eyes. He is just staring at me too and slowly smirked at me. I don't know why but it made me feel something inside, something ferocious.

2455, 29DEC17

Ivy. (Not proofread)