Chapter 2 | No love ever came without great struggle - Unknown

I exit the restaurant call Jack as i'm walking near the tube station. Before i hear “Hey Rosana wait up” someone yells. I turn to see Phillip

____________________________________________________________

"Philip?" i ask confused. "What are you doing here i thought you were gonna finish your dinner with Savanna, Jean, and Emma" i ask him. "I wanted to apologize on Emma’s behalf, i couldn’t let you leave on a bad note" He lightly paints then stops to catch his breath."Where were you going again" he asks clearly. "I was gonna go pick something up for Jack but turns out he doesn’t need it anymore so I’m just gonna go home" i tell as i’m hanging up remembering I’m calling Jack.

"Why go home now when the day is still young its only four in the afternoon" he rejoiced. "Yeah well me and Jack have plans later so might as well rest a little, chances are he might tire me" i shyly say. "Well what time is Jack planing to leave to office, i thought we could hang out" Philip asks. "Umm six, to be honest i just wanted to go home. I wasn’t really feeling the restaurant I’m a little tired so i was planning to head home" i answered. “Just give me an hour of your time to make up for that awful time in the restaurant" he pleads. "I don’t know, i don’t think Jack would fancy me hanging out with another guy".

 ”Just a coffee and a performance”

"performance i thought you were a writer" we both laugh.

"My friend just opened up this new cafe were bands and singers perform care to join me"

" i don’t know Phillip"

"Just 30 minute’s i’ll have you home by 6"

"Okay i can’t decline coffee and music. They’re my two favourite things in the world"

"Alright its settled afternoon coffee and a performance or two. Luckily its not that far so we can walk there"

We start walking and chatting about what kind of music we like. We reach the restaurant and just order plain old coffee.

"So are you dating Emma"

"We were going somewhere but after the way i saw she treated you knowing i just met you it made me rethink the idea of me and her"

"oh that sucks, im sorry" I guilty tell him

 ”Its not your fault”

then a host goes up the stage to introduce the first band of the night “these guys are great listen to the lyrics” i listen to the whole song it was about three minutes.

"Wow  they are truly amazing, that song touched my heart" then they start playing another song. “That song made me rethink life".

"really how" Phillip asks sounding interested..

"Well it was a life song, go after what you love. I love Jack but also really want to go to California. We been dating for a year things been tough. I know we can make it but what if we don’t"

"I’m really not in a position to tell you what to do honestly"

"i know only i can make this decision. 13 weeks, 13 weeks. What are you excited for"

"Getting a new life experience and meeting new people  guess"

we stay quiet for a minute listening to the music and drinking our coffee “Phillip”

"yes"

"will you promise to be there for me when no one else is, me and Savanna are growing apart. Me and Jack are gonna be 8 hours apart, I’m starting this school alone besides my family, can you just promise to be there for me when no one else is"

"I promise"

"Looks like this is the start of a beautiful new friendship my friend, cliche i know"".

We both laugh as the song ends Phillip Checks the time on his phone. “Well its been almost 30 minutes, time to get you home as i promised you” he tells me.

"It has not been 30 minutes" i check my phone. "Holy shit where did the time go it has been almost 30 minutes".

"Shall i walk you home my lady" he says as he bows "Why yes kind sir" we laugh as we both go get our coffees and start walking out. We head to the underground which is not far from the coffee shop.

“Well I  live on the opposite side of London from you so are you okay going home alone”.

"Yes dad im a big girl now frick off" we both laugh "thanks for the great time Phillip" we both arrive at the underground "Well see ya later Philip stay in touch" i say before we go into opposite directions 

Im home by six. I get into mine and Jacks apartment. I go straight to the living room on my laptop for 12 minutes before he gets home so we can discuss our plans. A sitting in a comfortable position on couch in living room as i’m scrolling through my social media sites i hear the door open. I roughly throw my laptop to the side so i can go greet Jack.

We meet in the kitchen “Jack my love”” i excitingly yell. I throw my hands on his neck and greet him with a big kiss. “Well ello to you too love” he puts his hands to my face and kisses me back.. “So i was thinking why don’t we just stay in tonight and watch a horror film” i ask as we’re holding each other in our arms. “Sounds fine to me” he responds then he kisses me on my lips.

"Great i’m gonna go change"

"right ahead of you"

We head  to the upstairs of our apartment into the room we share. I pull out something comfortable and throw it on the bed and put my hair up. Jack pulls out a shirt and shorts and undresses. As soon as he’s done i’m just in my underwear and bra.

"You look great love just go downstairs like that"

"Shut up Jack" i playfully yell as i hit him with my shirt then throw it in my drawer. I put on a more comfortable shirt then i feel Jack hugging me from behind. "Jack let me go i wanna get dressed". He kisses my neck "No you dont". He spins me around  then he puts his hands on my waist then he starts passionately kissing me. I move my hands up to his neck. then i put them on his already messy hair. We break "I love your hair, you have great hair" i giggle. "Well i love that you’re-" he softly says before i cut him off "Im sorry what was that" i tell him before we both break down laughing "Alright lets go watch downstairs and watch that horror film" he happily remarks. “Jack before we go downstairs i wanna tell you about my day” i nervously say.