(14)Shifter

Shifter

Chapter 14

We parked in front of the shop and then headed in. We already knew what we wanted so we headed up to the front desk and then a lady led us to a back room and had us sit. I was having my tattoo done first and so was Alex. We were both in the same room and were both sitting in different seats so we could get them done at the same time.

A girl and a muscular girl entered the room we were in and they asked what we wanted done. We told them and they got to work. I was truly nervous right now. I have never gotten a tattoo before. I have always wanted one but me and Alex had promised each other that we would wait until we were 17 and then we would get them done.

We were getting them done on our right arm, on the forearm. Me and Alex had promised each other that we would get matching tattoos with each others names so we would never forget each other, which would never happen. A girl could never forget somebody that she loves.

I felt the needle touch my skin and pain shot up and through my arm. I clenched the seat with my left hand and I let all of my anger out. I watched the lady intently as she drew the design on my forearm. It was the name Alex in a pretty cursive writing and red coloring with barb wire and red roses surrounding it. Alex's was almost the same also. He was getting my name in the same type of writing with red coloring and just barb wire around his.

As my luck would have it, the tattoos took nearly an hour to get done. When they finally told us that they were finished, I let out a deep breath that I realized I had been holding in. I held up my wrist and examined it. It was beautiful.

I looked over at Alex and I noticed that he was currently looking at his and he had the same smile on his face as I did. We both looked at each, smiled and then thanked the people. The lady told me that she was going to be doing my piercing so I sat there and talked to Alex while she ran and got her supplies. I ask him,

"So, what do you think?"

"I love them."

"I do too. I am glad that you suggested us getting these."

"For sure,"

The lady returned and I instantly become even more nervous than I had been before. She come over, sat next to me on the chair that she was previously sitting on and she told me to relax and close my eyes. I did as she said and then I felt a pain in my lip and then it was gone. She told me that she was finished and I looked at her like she crazy. I got out of the chair and I went over and looked in the mirror that was in the room.

I now had a simple silver hoop through my lip and it looked...sexy. I love it. It made me look even more bad ass than before. I turned around and looked at Alex. He says,

"Now that...looks awesome."

I laugh and say,

"I know right."

We go pay and then head to go get something to eat. I end up picking Ruby Tuesday, one of my favorites. We go inside and get seated right away. I order this pasta dish while Alex gets a steak. He looks at me and says, after a few minutes of silence,

"So, what were you up to this morning?"

"Not much. Went to get coffee with Grayson."

At the mentioning of the name Grayson, Alex growls and then gets a look of jealousy in his eyes. I feel bad about it but there is nothing I can do about it. He fixes himself and says,

"I see."

"Yepp."

We talk about random things for the remainder of dinner and then we pay and head back to his house. He parks his car in the driveway and we head inside for a little while. He sticks in a movie and I go into the kitchen and get the Oreo's. We may have just eaten but we never spend a day with each other without eating our Oreo's.