Chapter 2- Pete

Chapter 2; Pete

Melody meant everything to Jasper. Her head was spinning, and she felt numb, but she knew that she didn't have time to think. Jasper knew that she had to do what melody had asked her, but she couldn't bring herself to move after what she had just witnessed. She was afraid of the truth, afraid of what she might find, and afraid of the fact that she was listening to Melody's thoughts, days after she had passed away. STOP PLAYING THESE GODDAMNED GAMES WITH ME MELODY she thought angrily. Did Melody want her to have to suffer? Did she want to make Jasper and everyone else feel even worse? Was this just one of her mind games.

But she had to deliver the next letter to find out what would happen.

Thinking just made Jasper less confident about going to Pete's to deliver the letter. Jasper sprinted to the garage where she found her bike to bike to Pete's house.

Pete Granderson was 15 years old and average height with sandy blonde hair that covered his pale, sun kissed skin. He was popular, but not too popular for Melody's liking, and was an incredible soccer player. Melody had liked Pete since she was in fifth grade, and they had dated every since they turned fourteen.

When she arrived at the large, old fashioned property, Jasper knocked on the door. To her relief, Pete answered wearing ripped sweatpants and a shirt.

"Jasper-um-hi! What are you doing here?" Pete looked ultimately confused. Jasper and Pete had never been too fond of each other because Jasper thought Pete was cocky and took things for granted. The only thing tying to the two together had been Melody.

"Look, I don't have time for small talk. Melody left this for you, and you should read it. Call me when you've read it." Jasper had tried to make the visit brief, and cycled,as fast as she could back to her house to read Pete's letter. Melody had left two copies of each letter; one for Jasper in addition to the person it was being sent to.

She knew Pete would have second thoughts about reading it himself, but she didn't have time to talk him into it. It was up to him to carry on what Melody wanted.

Dear Pete,

Gorgeous  Pete, talented Pete, smart Pete, nice Pete, popular Pete, OK, I think you get the picture. Pete, you meant so much to me. You stood up against Haley when she thought I was a loser for wearing jeans on yoga pants Wednesday, you told your friends that I was beautiful, and you never let anything go to your head. Most of all, you stood up for me when I told Haley to stop bullying Mia(oh that was so long ago) because her father was gay. You said you thought gay people were just fine. I think you may have saved my social status forever. You were a true friend, but let's face it. I could never give you anything in return. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't be good enough for you and I am so sorry for this. You truly deserve better Pete, and I hope now that you get a beautiful girlfriend who is smart and athletic like you, and who likes reality television and watches it with you every night on the couch. You wouldn't let me go Pete, so I had to go. But Pete, I have to tell you a secret. I loved you, but not in the right way since that 15th birthday. I loved you, I just wasn't in love with you anymore.

Now here's your clue(Jasper knows what this means so talk to her).

You held my hand here for the first time. I was scared and I can't tell you why, but you put a purple flower in my hair, and took my hand in this place. You told me that your uncle told you flowers blessed people with nature. You told me I was blessed with nature. This was the day where I begin to love you.

I am always with you,

Xoxo, Melody