On The Same Level - Male!Elsa X Reader (Part One)

((This story takes place after the events in the movie Frozen))

You had tried oh so hard to conceal it. To keep your dangerous power to yourself. To not feel it, to not let it show. But it had all gotten to be too much.

You stared before you, your face contorted as fat tears streamed down your red cheeks, reflecting the blaze before you. Giant, red flames twisted and danced around what once was your home, engulfing it in a hot prison. The home you grew up in, the home you had spent all those years hiding away from the outside world in, was going to be nothing but glowing embers and suffocating ash in a matter of minutes, and there’s nothing you could do about it. Helplessness took over your shaking body. You clenched your fingers into tight fists as you collapsed to your knees. A ball of fire spread out around you as your knees hit the dry grass, lighting a strange fire circle around your weeping body.

You didn’t mean for this to happen. You never wanted this to happen. Your grandmother’s words still pounded at your mind. The vivid image of her old finger pointed at you, a sour scowl upon her lips as she roared at you.

“You’re a lost cause, ______! You live to cause pain to the ones you love! Hear me and hear me well, ______, you will die alone, knowing that you have hurt everybody that you’ve ever cared about! Your horrible curse will slowly kill you, and when it does, I will spit in disgust on your grave.”

You tried to reach for her, to hold her tight and tell her you were sorry, you didn’t mean to possess such a powerful gift, or as she would call it, a curse, but that uncontrollable flame shot out of your palm, dancing before her face. Your pupils enlarged dramatically as your eyes turned to their usual glowing orange whenever a flame left your body, and your hair turned in a wisping mess of scarlet. You widened your eyes and snapped your fingers shut over your palms, pulling them safely away from her face.

Her face twisted in disgust. You still remember the slap across your cheek. You still remember her trying to protect herself as the flames poured out of your palms, licking the walls and blackening the curtains. She was in the direct path of your uncontrollable stream of fire. You screamed, pulling your hands away again, but it was too late; your flames were fierce as they caught on the fabric of her long dress. She stumbled backwards, trying to smack the flames from her gown. Her old, frail foot slipped from under her as she disappeared backwards into a thick wall of intertwining flames. Her scream was blood-chilling, but died out as the flames consumed her within seconds. She was dead like that. Gone within seconds.

And now here you were, on your knees in a crying mess before your burning home.

You blinked a tear from your eye and looked up. You could feel your red hair dip and waltz around your head, the thick, circle wall of fire around you growing greater in size. Curling your fingers in the dirt and gritting your teeth, you tried to make the flames die down, but your efforts were all in vain. The flames grew higher with your struggles, smoke polluting the night sky and forming a blanket between you and the stars.

You mentally slapped yourself. Your gloves! You reached into your dress pocket, yanking out your titanium gloves and slipping them over your fingers. With a flex of your fingers, the circle flames around you died down immediately, but the house stayed ablaze. You stumbled to a stand and screamed out in frustration, before turning and running. You didn’t know, nor cared where you were going. You just wanted to get out of there.

You ran until your lungs could barely squeeze in your next breath. You ran until your legs wobbled and gave up, collapsing under your tired body. You feel straight onto your stomach, the fall crushing the breath from your chest. You curled up into a tight ball, the hot tears returning and smearing the thick ash that stained your cheeks.

You. You had murdered your own Grandmother. No matter how horrid she was to you over the years, you never wanted this to happen. It was your entire fault. Murder! You were a murderer! You clenched your fists together, trying to ignore the abuse your mind hissed at you. Your titanium gloves began to glow a destructive red under your rigid grasp. Your skin was becoming hotter the more your mind scanned over the events that just took place, but you didn’t care. The heat didn’t bother you at all. You took in a deep breath; you really didn’t need your clothes to catch fire at a time like this. Your breath hitched and a sob escaped your throat as you tried as hard as you could to calm your boiling skin.

After mere minutes of crying and pain, your body started to give up to the stress you had laid upon it; it began to shut down for the night. A tired breath deflated your lungs as you dazed up at the stars. The little specks of light flickered happily around the large moon, bringing much needed content to you. You seemed to forget about all of your problems as you stared up at the breezy night sky, your eyes noticeably becoming heavy. Before you knew it, you began to doze off on the forest floor, your small body vulnerable to any danger lurking within the trees.

You slept until the moon was at its peak in the night sky. You would have slept until it completely disappeared behind the distant mountains, and the sun could make its entrance, but not tonight. The trotting of hooves came to a slow stop around your curled body. There was silence for a moment, until a girl’s voice rung out throughout the forest.

“Hey, sleepy-head?” the voice neared closer to your tired frame with each word. “I would get up if I were you. The wolves come out around this time.”

A small moan escaped your dry lips. You tried to move, but your muscles buckled and whimpered with the effort. You were far too weak to stand. You cracked one eye open and looked up towards the friendly voice. She had messy blonde hair tied into two lazy pigtails that lay down her chest, with a black beanie covering her head. She smiled crookedly down at you, her light brown eyes seeming to glow warmly in the dim moonlight.

“You alright?” she asked, raising an eyebrow at your state.

“Yes,” you croaked. You tried to sit up, but your wobbly arms were too stubborn to hold your weight. You collapsed back down onto your back, a small cloud of dirt spreading out around you as you did.  You whimpered in frustration. The stranger’s gentle smile faded into a concerned frown. She crouched down next to you and placed the flickering lantern that she held down into the grass.

“Are you hurt?” she asked, helping you up into a sitting position. You pulled away from her roughly, not wanting her to touch you. You didn’t want another burnt body due to your inconvenient curse. She squinted her eyes at you. “Are you in pain?”

“No, I’m just... I’m just weak,” you trembled, embarrassed by your current state.

“Okay. Sue, help me get this girl up!” she called. Before you had time to even open your mouth to protest, a giant furry face appeared in your view, its giant pink tongue sliding across your face, leaving a gooey trail of saliva to drip from your chin. You grimaced in disgust and tried to wipe your now wet face with your arms.

“Name’s Kristina,” the girl smiled as she clasped your gloves and yanked you to your feet.

“Hey!” you said, pulling your fingers away from her before your gloves had the time to heat up. “Look, you can’t touch me, okay. Please, just leave me be. I’ve got somewhere to go.”

“You were sleeping in the middle of the forest. You don’t have anywhere to go,” she said, a small smirk and a raised eyebrow causing you to clench your teeth.

“I’m okay by myself,” you insisted politely, but it was to no avail. Kristina kept pressing on.

“Come on, at least let me take you back to Arendelle? Where you will be safe?”

“Arendelle?” you repeated bluntly. You remembered the books you read about that kingdom. You remembered when your grandmother’s friends would blab on about that kingdom, and the handsome king that ruled it. Ellias is name? Alex? You didn’t remember, but you do remember the snow storm cause by dark voodoo that happened a couple years ago that almost turned the kingdom to turmoil. But the prince and king worked together to end the raging storm and so on. You used to think of the stories every night; you would think of Prince Andrew and King what’s-his-name working together to end the storm. You would imagine what the King looked like; glossy white hair that was combed back in a messy fashion, and apparently he had the most beautiful blue eyes anyone in the kingdom had even witnessed. You used to think about him one day coming to your bedroom window and saving you from your wicked grandmother, and you would become his Queen and exile your wicked grandmother from the whole damn country. Stupid romancy bullshit like that got you through some tough times.

“Yup,” Kristina interrupted your deep thoughts. You blinked away your blurry vision and your eyes connected with hers.

“Thank you for your help, but I’m going to stay here.”

“You know that’s not going to happen,” she said, leaning against her pet reindeer. Her shoulder disappeared into its jungle of fur as she continued to stare at you. “I’m not gonn’ leave you out here alone. So come on, hope on Sue.”

You stared blankly at her. You didn’t know what to do. You didn’t want to hurt her, or anyone for that manner, but you couldn’t just stay out here. You had nowhere to go, and maybe she could help you? It did take a while for your titanium gloves to heat up, and your skin only boiled when you were frustrated or furious so everything should be okay, right? Just don’t let the two f’s creep up on you. Furious and frustrated. They must not over take you.

“Okay,” you said, giving up. She motioned you to follow her with her fingers. You did as she asked, stepping around the sled filled with large blocks of square ice and stood next to Sue, the large reindeer. You leaned against it for support as Kristina propped you onto its furry back. You acknowledged her great strength with a dip of the head as you grabbed Sue’s giant horns for support, praying that your gloves weren’t too hot. Kristina scrambled up on top of Sue and sat happily behind you, her pelvis pressed up against your behind. You pursed your lips awkwardly as you shuffled forward up Sue’s back.

“So, what’s your name?” she asked as Sue began to trot down the steep hill. You both bobbed rhythmically with the steps and raised back of the over-sized horse.

“I’m _______,” you replied, leaning forward into the Sue’s furry neck. You didn’t even bother to listen to her rumblings and questions, or worry about where she was taking you. Your consciousness escaped your body and you were limp in minutes, gentle snores vibrating from your lips.