Ch. 4 The City Of Ash

Russia could see it in the distance. The fire that shot its way into the sky. The power that blew over the buildings. Destroyed everything. He shivered at the power of such a thing. He wanted it. He needed it.

The buildings turned to ash before his very eyes. Effortless against the power of the torch. How simple..

He looked at his boss, his violet eyes fiery. "Make it better." His boss nodded, leaving the scene. Suddenly something caught his attention. There was a small port right by the water. His violet eyes widened, his skin crawled. An anger built up inside of him. This wasn't the original target. America had cheated him.

Something else snapped him out of his purple rage, he looked around feverishly. Kiku was missing...no one had reported where he was...

"Kiku!" Russia screamed, jumping from his ledge and dashing off towards the city of ash.

Japan clawed at the ground, dragging himself along. There was something, probably a piece of a house, through his left leg. There was no way he could get off the ground. There was nothing but ash surrounding him. He wasn't crawling to his escape, but towards a little raven haired girl who was shivering on the ground.

She was in the fetal position, cowering against the remains of a building, probably her own home, and had ash smeared across her porcelen face. As soon as she saw Japan, though, she ran towards him. She brushed his hair out of his face.

Japan looked at her, a small smile on her face. The smile of hope. Of prosperity. Of security. Japan smiled back at her, but was weak in doing so.

"The war... is over..." Japan said softly. The girl cradled his head on her lap,. He fell into a deep darkness.

A tall man, dressed in dark tan, with broad shoulders ran close. Even though the city was gone, he was perfect. He bent down to pick up the small Japanese man. The girl sprung at him.

"NO!"

Russia flung her off of him, but she retaliated with out even a moments hesitation. She grabbed a piece of concrete and bashed it against Russia's head. The concrete shattered, accomplishing nothing but pissing Russia off. It was in this moment that most people would have froze. Staring at him like they had met their own doom .But this girl watched him curiously.

"I AM THE STRONGEST NATION IN THE WORLD!!" Russia warned, picking up the defeated nation.

"That's not what the Fat Man told me." The girl said, her voice like those of lost prophets. Russia stood, shocked. How did she know....

"I will kill that American bastard." Russia promised, disappearing into the ash.