Letters to Nathan

Chapter 2

The first day

We were devastated that he left. Billy was still crying at school because he missed his brother. But today was Mother's Day and we wanted to make it special for mom. It just wasn't the same anymore without Nathan helping me pick out the best gift for mom. My sister Jessica's gift was the specialist gift someone could ever give to a mother who has her son in the military. Her gift was a video chat with Nathan. She called Nathan and he said it was a great idea. Right when mom woke up we made her a nice breakfast and yelled, l "Happy Mother's Day Mom!" We all said at once. "Here is my gift" I said. As we all gave our gifts and we saved the best for last...Jessica's gift. "Hey mom can you please come to the living room!" Asked Jessica. "Mom here this is my gift." Said Jessica. *gives iPad to mom* "it's Nathan!" Excitedly said mom. Mom and Nathan were talking for hours. When mom got off the video chat with Nathan, she came up to all of us and said, " thank you so much! This family might be missing our oldest son, but at least I have a family that still cares about one another." Sadly (in a good way) said mom. I think my sister Jessica made this day for mom that more special.