●Chapter 3●

There was a continuous beeping sound going on in a rhythm. It started to get annoying. I opened my eyes. My eyes started to burn from the brightness in the room I was in. My vision was blurry for a few seconds before adjusting to the scenery in the room. I blinked a few times. I looked around. I looked down. Wires and wires were attached to my arms. I tried to move my arms but I didn't have the strength.

I heard a door opening. I looked around the room trying to find the door. Someone came from a far corner of the room. I watched her walk across the room. She walked over to the side of the bed. I blinked at her slowly. It was an older lady.

She covered her mouth with her hand and stepped back. "Y-your awake." I heard her whisper. She ran out of the room. "She's awake. Someone," I heard her say over and over again. Her voice was fading away. I looked up at the window. My eyes adjusted to the brightness. Out the window, I saw a lot of cars outside. There was a sign. 'Drive-through' and another sign 'Hollow Hospital.' There were other words on the sign but I couldn't read them from this distance.

I turned my head back up at the ceiling. How did I even get here in the first place? I looked to my left. There was a monitor. I think that's where the sound was coming from. I heard the door open again. I looked up at the door. I saw a man, the same older woman, and two other people I didn't know. The woman came to the right side of me. A younger guy started crying. He ran out of the room.

"You're awake." Her voice cracked. "Yea," My voice was silent but I heard it. I heard her laugh. The man picked a chair up and sat down on the left side of the bed. "Hi, Rose." I squinted my eyes. I think that's the woman's name. "You must be Rose." I turned to the older woman. She closed her eyes and shook her head. "No, honey your name is-" Someone came in the door. It was the same younger guy with another boy that looked familiar. The familiar boy sat down in the chair staring at me. The one that was crying, sat down on the bed. I watched as his hand touched my hand. I looked up at him.

"Do I know you?" I tried to say. He closed his eyes. "I'm your friend, Cody."

"Who's Cody?" I asked him. "You don't remember me? Cody?" I shook my head no. 

"Rose, you have to remember who Cody is." A younger woman on my right said. I shook my head no. 

"I don't know who he is. Please get him away from me." My voice cracked.

They all stared at me. "Do you remember me? Your mother?" The woman asked. I shook my head.

"Please Rose. You have to remember me." The younger guy pleaded, squeezing my hand. 

"Oww," I winced. 

"I'm so so sorry." He let go of my hand quickly. "I'll go get the doctor." My mother said, getting up pulling an older man out with her. I watched her until I couldn't see her anymore. I looked at the boy that was sitting on my bed.

"Please Rose. You have to remember me." He pleaded. I shook my head. "I don't. Can you please get away from me?" My voice was rising. "No. I'm not getting away until you remember me." He growled. 

"Let me try," The familiar boy got up and sat down on the bed next to me. "Do you remember me?" He asked softly. I squinted my eyes looking into his eyes. He looked like someone I knew. I nodded my head. They both looked at each other. 

"You remember Zev?"

"It feels like I know him." The familiar teen, Zev, smiled. The stranger, Cody, did the opposite. "So you remember me? I'm Zev." I looked at him and nodded my head. 

"Kind of."

"Do you hate me?" He asked. 

"Why would I hate you? Am I supposed to hate you?" He closed his eyes, smiled, and shook his head.