Chapter 1- The First Letter(Jasper)

Jasper Kearlin sat on her soft-sheeted bed silently staring at her wall as if the pictures over her would suddenly move and say something to her. She had been sitting like this since nine this morning, when she had woken up, and she hadn't lifted a finger since. Why? It marked the day that exactly a month ago her best friend Melody had committed suicide. Everywhere Jasper went, it seemed Melody was around her. Everything reminded her of her best friend; from the seat that Melody had sat on the bus to the pack of gum that was her favorite to the socks that she had always made fun of Jasper for having. Melody's long blonde wavy hair, her twinkling eyes, and her loud laugh were in all of Jasper's dreams and visions. No matter how hard she tried to get out of it, Jasper was trapped in Melody's world, thinking about Melody. Every time she thought about it,  Jasper's heart hurt. It was like eternal pain in her chest that hurt so bad she couldn't think. She was, angry, depressed, confused, and most of all desperate. She wanted more answers, but she was afraid of what she might find.   Jasper's mother called her from downstairs, so Jasper forced her legs to move off the bed.

"There's a package for you Jasper!" The brown box on the table seemed so plain and this was the last thing Jasper was interested in. Well, that was until she saw the address. The package had been sent from Melody's address, and although Jasper figured it was probably her clothes that she had lent to Melody, the thought of opening it traumatized her.

"Jasper just open the package, I'm going to book club but I'll be back for dinner." Jasper managed a weak nod and then with trembling hands, began to cut open the package, afraid but curious about what she might find.

Inside the box was letters. They all had envelopes and were addressed with numbers instead of names or addresses. Timidly, Jasper picked up the envelope that said "1, and soon discovered her name printed in bold on the back. Her throat was completely try and her body was shaking. Melody had written these. Melody was dead. Melody had wrtitten to her.

This is like a cliche Melody and I would watch Jasper thougth to herself. This couldn't be real life. THis was like a game. Before she could stop herself, with her trampede of thoughts Jasper read the letter.

Dear Jasper,

If you figured out to read this first(which I know you did because you were always smart), then read on. But you must know that the favor I am about the ask you is very important and might cause you to take risks.

I am going to be writing you and other people who were important to me good or bad If you really loved me, then you need to do this and exactly this.

In this is box there are letters in numerical order with names of people. Since you are my best friend, Jasper, I am trusting you to put the letter in the mailbox of the person it is addressed to after you read the letter, on the day. Every day you will read the letters. Since you and me used to always play mind games, you know we loved it, I'll play one with you for the prize. Each letter will have a part of a clue and once you put the clues together you will find the place where my last letter lays, and Jasper, then you will know the truth and the whole truth. You must stay silent about these letters except to the others who receive them, and you must promise me once and for all that you will be safe and keep the secrets I am giving you.

I know that you will do this for me Jasper.

I am always with you,

Xoxo, Melody

Jasper could not breathe. This had to be a mistake.

KEEP READING FOR THE SHOCKING ENDING GUYS

A picture of Melody is on the side>>>>>

Love you all,

-South