Episode 1 - Aftermath

Alright, here is the first chapter I hope you all like it XD

***********

Episode 1 – Aftermath

“I love you. Do you understand.” Oliver slips Felicity the cure and her heart stops.

“Yes.” He walks away knowing that he's put Felicity in danger.

Felicity is sitting in her chair at Queen Consolidated. Thank god, Walter helped Oliver get his company back. He wouldn't have lasted a week without all of his money. She keeps thinking about Oliver confessing his love for her and how hurt she was when it was all just a plan, but that's ridiculous. She couldn't possible have feelings for Oliver. It was a smart move and it tricked Slade. He made the right call. Now, Slade is on Lian Yu and the city is safe. A lot of the city was damaged and it's slowly recovering but people want answers. Want to know who those masked men were. Detective Lance is in the hospital and Laurel is right by his side. No one has seen Roy or heard from Thea so Oliver hopes they're together safe. Diggle is spending time with Lyla, getting ready to be parents. And Oliver is still saving the city at night and running a company by day. He hasn't really talked about his mother's death at all and Felicity can tell he blames himself still.

Oliver sits in his huge office trying to focus on work but he keeps stealing glances at Felicity. He looks back down at his work and tries to pay attention. Soon he gets a call and Laurel's name pops up. He taps answer and puts the phone to his ear.

“Hey, how's your dad doing?” He asks sincerely. He can hear her sniff through the phone.

“He's still in a coma. I could really use you here with me.” She sounded so vulnerable to him. He was already slipping on his jacket.

“I'll be there soon.” He hung up and was walking out of his office. “Cancel all my meetings. Laurel needs me.” Felicity seemed to be in deep thought. She had her fist under her chin and elbow on the table staring at her computer. “Felicity!” He raised his voice slightly. She jumps in her seat.

“Sorry, lots going on up here.” She gestures to her head and grabs her tablet.

“Are you alright?” He asks concern seeping through his voice. She nods and looks down at her nails. “Well if you could cancel all my meetings, I'm going to the hospital to see Laurel.” She looks up at him.

“Yeah, of course. How is Detective Lance? He has to be in a lot of pain, well I guess not because he's sleeping. I prefer sleeping to...”

“Comatose. Yeah I remember.” He smiles lightly at her and touches her shoulder. “I'm sure he'll be fine.”

Felicity relaxes under his touch and smiles back at him. “Okay, tell Laurel I say hi. Or not. I mean we're not exactly friends, well we've only talked a couple of times so I guess we aren't even acquaintances. So forget it. Don't tell her anything, unless you want too. Then, it's your choice.” Oliver's smile slowly increases the more she babbles. “I'm going to stop talking now.” She taps her pen on the table, a nervous habit, Oliver noticed.

“Good night, Felicity.” He walked into the elevator still thinking about his IT girl.

Laurel sits by her fathers side waiting for Ollie to show up. Honestly, she just needed someone to talk to and be here for her and Oliver is reliable. She keeps thinking about when Slade kidnapped her and how Oliver used that Felicity girl as a distraction. Could Oliver really be in love with Felicity? Laurel still had feelings for him and she hoped that he felt the same way.