29 ‖ Make A Wish

"As the daughter of a traitor, you are now forbidden to step foot within Acreria or any of its owned neighbouring vicinity

"As the daughter of a traitor, you are now forbidden to step foot within Acreria or any of its owned neighbouring vicinity. These include Ecrin, Ayrith, Hirane and Arcton. If found within any of the mentioned premises, you will be detained," Michael continues with his announcement, reading word for word from the scroll that is practically covering his face.

Daughter of a traitor?

Arcton?

"What do you mean she failed to uphold her duties to protect the Prince? Just because of a father whom she doesn't even associate herself with?" An unexpected voice sounds from behind me.

I did not even feel like turning around to see his face.

All I can look at is Casimir.

I keep looking at him.

The look of betrayal on my face must have been so piercing that he subconsciously glances at me again, only to look away instantly.

"Aren't you going to do something about this, Casimir?" Alaistair continues, walking forward and finally appearing in my sight, as he tries his hardest to defend my position.

Casimir remains silent, causing tension to weigh the room down, an unprecedented heaviness.

"What the hell is wrong with you royals?" Alaistair blurts unintentionally, incapable of holding in the utter disdain he feels, and quickly glances at me before reverting his gaze to Casimir.

"He's right, Caz. What's going on? What does he mean by the daughter of a traitor? There has to be something wrong with this. She risked everything for you," Reece says, her voice quivering in disbelief as she steps away from Silas who tries to hold her back but she continues to emerge from the crowd of palace guards.

Once again, silence.

To say that I am at a loss right now is an understatement beyond measure.

To think that a betrayal only followed up with another betrayal is just insane to me.

They say that once you hit rock bottom, the only way left is up. Who knew that you could go beyond rock bottom?

"Caz, this isn't right," Dominic says gravely, and this is my first time seeing him this serious.

No jokes, no pickup lines. Just pure confusion and disagreement.

"The decision is final and there will be no further discussions. You are all dismissed," Casimir announces, his tone void of any emotions.

With that said, he heads towards me, aiming for the exit as Michael follows closely behind him. My gaze is glued on him, as I watch him draw nearer to me, and I can feel a sickness in the pit of my stomach. However, without even sparing another glance at me, he strides past me and out of the room.

I stand rooted to the floor, staring directly at the empty deep velvet throne before me, where his presence continues to linger, while I remain uncertain of how to react.