His Wish

Chapter 27: His Wish

“Some things a heart won’t listen to, I’m still holding out for you.”  Shedaisy

Dante Scarfone

Tonight was the night. The most anticipated Musical Concerto will be held later after sunset in one of the famous theatres in the country. Tonight I’ll be able to see the man I love unravel his notable talent in front of the world and tonight he’ll also open a door to a great future ahead of him – tonight was his fateful night.

I smiled eloquently as I stared at the theatre ticket in my hand, how funny it was that something like this happened before except it wasn’t a theatre ticket I was holding but rather it was a train ticket pass.

However it was a lot different because I am not leaving him again and I am not breaking an important promise this time.

“The director is here to see us, dear.” my mother called to me, I placed the ticket back in my pocket and I looked up to meet a middle-aged man walking dauntlessly along the museum hall towards us, adorned in his best attire, and his head held up high with pride – this man was a noble Count.

He greeted us with a stern expression. “It’s nice to meet you.”

He took my mother’s hand and kissed it for a courtesy before turning to me for a handshake, “I assume you must be Dante if I remember. I heard splendid rumors about you, well it’s hard to believe it since your appearance is telling an opposite impression.” he asserted me with an amused stare.

“I guess so, that is rather a nice compliment, sir.” I replied in sarcasm as I shook his hand.

“I am amazed actually, because it is surprising to learn that the young prominent painter and an only son of a viscount such as you would be that kind of a man. I mean, to shout something so bold... is it really true that you chose a male for a bride?” he laughed as if he found it hilarious but I said nothing since I hardly find it the same like he did.

But I gave him a droll stare anyway, “Indeed I chose a groom instead of a bride.”

I said another sarcastic remark to keep myself from getting offended by his words and he laughed again, engrossed by his own humor though my mother decided to be blunt of the real reason for our visit.

“Then I suppose I don’t need to tell you why we are here to see you, am I right?” Helena cleared her throat and it made the man cease from his laughter.

“If it’s about his profession, I am afraid to say that the rumors caused a huge effect on his reputation as a well-known painter so suffice to say, his paintings lost its influence on the public.” he stated like it was just a matter of fact and not even considering my feelings in the least, that I admit however.

He put both his hands in his pocket, his mustache coiling in a smirk. “It’s not too late to deny the rumors and clear the misunderstandings but that is if you want to clean your name.”

I was so close to hitting him with my fist if it wasn’t for him being the one who administered my previous works before in this art museum. He spoke such opinion as if the rumors bear no significance to me. Sure rumors are rumors however this one was about the truth that I was in love with Julian.

So to tell me to deny and clear it, it was like telling me to be ashamed of it and it insulted me.

“I did not come here to deny something dear to me just so I could regain my career’s standing, my feelings aren’t that cheap.” I replied with seriousness reflecting in my eyes.