Chapter 16: Chance

(Not edited... just need to let you all know... like always)

Brooklynn rushed out of the car, running straight for the building that they had been driven to.

It was a well-equipped clinic that her dad had set up for the Family. It was never wise to go to a real hospital where it would be very suspicious to show up with bullet wounds and various injuries that would be questioned by the staff.

It was for that very reason that her father had set this place up and hired doctors to keep this place in perfect condition.

The guards didn't hesitate to let her pass through.

Brooklynn knew the clinic well.

Most of the injuries she had ever sustained as a child were taken care of there if she was with her father. Her mother usually took her to the normal emergency rooms where she had to sit around and wait. Of course most of the time, Damiano also used the clinic he had set up because he didn't want to give Kimberly, Brooklynn's mother, any reason doubt his parenting skills. Especially back in the day when Kim was a lot more guarded with Damiano and Rita about Brooklynn.

Franco and Damiano hung back.

"Do you think he'll die?" Franco asked Damiano bluntly.

Damiano sighed as he walked forward towards the entrance, "He can't... at least for Brooklynn's sake. If the kid dies... she'll take it hard."

"She's strong," Franco countered.

"I've always known that... but this, this might be her unraveling. There's a certain level that we tend to keep. From the display we saw earlier I don't know if actually want to know what she's capable of if she begins to mourn," Damiano admitted.

Franco looked forward.

Could he be right?

He shook the thought away and instead decided to do something else to keep his mind off of it.

"I'm leaving," Franco told The Boss.

"Leaving? Now?" Damiano inquired.

He was extremely confused as to why he would want to leave right now when Brooklynn needed support.

"I need to go find the bitch that caused this," Franco seethed.

Damiano chuckled, "I told you the minute I saw her. Women like that... they can't ever bring you anything good. She was a whore, Franco. There's a reason Rita loathes them, we've all seen first hand what women like them can do. Find her... and get rid of her."

"No. No, I can't. Brooklynn-" Franco began to protest.

"Brooklynn won't have time to deal with her right now. She's going to spend day and night with the boy. I suggest you get rid of her while she's away," Damiano told him.

Franco was conflicted.

Taking out Kaitlyn without Brooklynn would surely anger her.

He knew as well as she did that she needed to be there to administer their own twisted sense of justice.

His mind was made up.

He wanted to get his hands on Kaitlyn himself for the danger she could have put Brooklynn in. But he would make sure to allow Brooklynn a chance to get her own anger out, she had proven more than capable of handling her own business.

"I can't Boss... she needs to be there," Franco told Damiano. He had a feeling he would be skinned alive if he tried it any other way.

Damiano gave him a half-smile, "You know what you're doing. Go find the whore. But I suggest you lock her up and come back. Brooklynn is going to need you."