Chapter 2- Bitter Sweet Memories

They are kinda heavy sleepers or it is just the case that they are worn out. but I ran over fifteen zombies. Oh well, fifteen points for me for zombie road kill, one point per zombie, fifteen points per Bigfoot you hit. Yes Bigfoot hit him you get more. Okay but back to business, we are about five miles away from Celina and our problem is that we need tools to board up the house. Oh well I hit the gas and turn on the windshield wipers because i was about to drive through a decent size horde with about fifty to seventy zombies in it. I hit up to one twenty miles per hour and start hitting them, five go over, ten, twenty, forty and now seventy,only two left and I left them because they were off road and quickly a mile behind. I see the town once a beautiful place and now it is a zombie infested town. I drive to the hardware store and grab all the two by fours, hammers, nails, lighter, blow torches, pipes, some hatchets, and fire wood. I walk back and I saw three zombies by the truck, I get my machete out and kill the three and saw one was in the second stage of decomposition from the three stages, first open wounds starting to rot that is most of them, second one is more rotting flesh gone maybe a limb, the third stage is loss of one or two eyes limbs gone and loss of major amounts of flesh. I simply decapitate them all and drive away to the market and grab a lot of bread, steak for tonight, or to lead them away, I get a lot of canned food same sweets and ice cream(can't blame me I am fifteen still.)  I walk out of to the car and put it in the trunk. Two zombies now, I grab the staple gun and shoot them both. I get in the car for the last time and finally get to the house I was raised in when I came here. I wake Josh up so I can have cover when I take Sarah inside as I let her sleep.

"Rise and shine bud" I whisper while shake him, he wakes up putting a gun to my head." Woah there I am still alive. Come on bro and use this." I say handing him my hatchet." I don't want her waking up yet and then you can back to bed." I sigh as he walks out of the car and stretches out.

"Okay you carry her inside as I kill any scumbags," Josh says as he scouts out the house and I carry her inside and lay her in the bed I always slept in when I was there. " Killed seven and dumped them in the house next door with the steak." I was happy he got the steak away because the zombies would be all over us if we cooked it.

"Keep an eye on Sarah, I am going to board up the house, we have to stay here as long as we can."I tell him. He walks away and I get to work. There are six windows on this House, it is painted white and has grey shutters, two floors and a garage so I have some work to do. I start with the room Sarah is in. I board up her windows and go onto the kitchen, the bathroom and the living room, there are four upstairs but I do not have to worry about those. Oh well, everything is boarded up and no zombie can get in, but only we can get in and out. Josh walks into the living room, he only got two hours of sleep and Sarah has been asleep for four hours. "Josh go to bed you need more sleep than you got." I tell him as he glares at me because I  haven't slept in a few days because me taken care of my family and now trying to take care them both.

"You need more sleep than me right now." He tells me." How about we all sleep now?"

"NO!" I say quickly." I don't know how sucure we are so someone is going to have to watch at all times." I sigh," So you are sleeping and I am taking first watch okay. So you are going to to bed."

"Fine."He sighs and walks to the room Sarah is in and goes on the top bunk. I just stay outside the door with a simple bottle of water.

I hear knocking at the door and I have a flashback.

"Hey, how are ya doing." My aunt says.

"Good." I run to her saying with my five year old self. My aunt she was my god-mother. She would let me do anything and she will get me almost anything all I have to do is ask.

I gave her and my grandpa a hug until Jason came out and my cousin Bree came and I gave them all hugs when they came up to the door. Jason had his bag of fireworks and lighter ready to blow some up. That and my grandpa and my dad had their fishing poles in the water with a extra one wanting me to get over there and fish with them both. I run immediately over there grabbing my pole, after ten minutes of sitting my line in the water something bit, it was to big to be the smaller cotton mouths so it had to be a catfish I thought. I got exited and stood up reeling my line in waiting to see the beautiful fish to be the fifth fish I ever catch, the first to be by my self because my dad always took the pole away so we didn't lose it but this time was different he just sat and watched. When the fish finally reached the shore line I was exited as can be seeing my first self fully caught fish. My dad took the fish and had me hold it for the picture. The first firework of the night went up in front of me as soon as the flash went I started to zone back in.

I was at the door machete out and looked out the peep whole, a lone zombie. I was going to attack this one violently for taking my memories away. I opened the door smacking the zombie back with it and start hacking parts of his arm off slowly, from one elbow to the other, then the shoulders. Then I kicked it knocking it over I hack off the legs form the ankle, the knees and then then the upper part where the thigh meets the torso, it's black ooze of blood comes out and I finally decapitate it... I was walking back inside I know it was painless to it and all because it's nerves are dead, but I start crying I go inside and lock the doors,  I wasn't crying because of killing the zombie, but i was crying because I can't get a new memory with my family. The only new memories I would get were killing zombies. I sigh and keep watch until night broke.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey just to let y'all know the people in my stories are based on real people and real events besides the events that are obviously fake but yeah People Places and Events are real.