Chapter Three- The Boy With the Grey Eyes

His grey eyes sweep over my black hood, my pale face, and meet my eyes again. His eyes become wider and I can tell he realizes what I am. I turn around and run my hood falls and my hair flies behind me. I wish I was still a wolf, I could have ran faster than this stupid body.

My mind wanders back to before i was taken. My beautiful brown fur, the speed and silence of my paws. I miss it so much.

I stumble on a rock and fall to fast for my arms to catch me. I look to see where the boy with the grey eyes is but he is no where in sight.

This is bad, he is going to tell the humans what an where I am and I will be once again captured by the humans.

Crack.

I whip my head towards the noise and see the boy with the grey eyes. I growl and he ignores the fact I growled. He was probably sent to watch me. I growl again.

I get up and get ready to run.

"Please don't run."

His voice is beautiful and pleading and almost unwillingly I don't run. I watch him making sure he won't try to call anyone or shoot me. So far so good.

I watch his every move and we just stand there until my stomach decides to make an appearance. I haven't eaten since my dinner before experimentation day and I'm starving. If I was still a wolf a could eat a rabbit or something.

"Do you want something to eat?" I shake my head no, I don't want anything that he offers.

My mind starts to wander back to my life before I was captured. Life was so peaceful and beautiful. I was a rogue but no one minded me. I was the runt that lost her pack. I am snapped back to the present when my stomach growls again.

"You need food or your going to starve." He says in his beautiful voice. "C'mon town isn't to far away." He turns around but I stand where I am.

"Are you coming love?"

I growl and shake my head.

"C'mon don't starve yourself love. If your scared you'll be caught just remember, you look like them. The humans are looking for a wolf creature not a human girl."

Did he just call me a wolf creature? Uh, rude and why is he calling me "love"? Scared of humans? Ha. Why should I fear them? Huh pretty boy?

"Do you know how to speak love?"

"Stop calling me that human." Why does he look confused? He is human. Weird.

"Then whats your name?"

"My name? I've never needed one."

"Well your going to need one in the human world love."

I look around at the forest and then back at him.

"Fern. My name is Fern. Now can you stop calling me love?"

"Sure love. Now lets get you some food." He reaches for my hand and I pull away quickly. "What?"

"Well one, I don't know you and two, I don't trust humans."

He smiles."Fair enough. I wouldn't trust me either if I was a human."