Chapter 3

Lauren's POV

"Lauren!" I turned round to see Daniel jogging up to catch up with me in the car park.

"What do you want now?" I could really just do without him right now.

"I... I need to talk to you."

"Go ahead."

"Well, I'm... I'm sorry, ok? I don't know what happened, all I know is that you started acting weird, you stopped speaking to me and made excuses not to see me... And I need to know, why?"

I cannot believe he has the guts to say that. He dare he?!

"How can you even say that?! If I was acting like that then clearly there was something wrong! What really gets me going is the fact that you didn't even stop to ask me what was going on in my life! You didn't even once ask me how I was doing. You just sat there and assumed I was cheating? You were feeling sorry for yourself... you always think about yourself, you never even assumed that there could be something wrong with me!"

"I-"

"No. You know what? Do you want to know what it was that changed everything? My...-" I can't say it... not yet. He doesn't even deserve to know, he should have at least figured it out himself, I mean it's pretty damn obvious what happened that night...

I felt tears rising in my eyes and knew I had to get out of there, I don't want him to see me weak.

"You don't even deserve to know. Because you should have been there for me." And that was the truth. I turned and walked away, glancing back I saw him looking down at the ground, his hands fiddling with the hem of his shirt and eventually he trudged away, got into his car and sped past me.

Daniel's POV

Well that went fucking well. What kills me is the fact that she's right. I didn't ask her what was wrong, and I should have. I was her boyfriend, I should have noticed.

But what was it that happened?

What could have possibly changed Lauren so much so that her personality, her life did a complete one-eighty?

Beep beep.

I looked at my phone to see who texted me, and it was none other than Lauren. She has not texted me all summer, so why now?

- Can we meet up? Normal place at 8pm? -

By 'normal place', she meant the place we always used to meet; it's on a bench in a corner of the local park, next to the little ice-cream shop.

My phone said it was 7:35pm, it takes about 15 minutes to walk there so there is no point in driving.

- Sure, see you in a bit. -

After getting changed and grabbing an umbrella (you can never trust this dodgy English weather, one minute it's sunny, the next there's a bloody thunderstorm! sorry, got off track...) I shouted to my Dad that I was leaving and walked out the house.

And there she was, sitting in the same place, as if the last 4 months never happened.

Lauren's POV

As I saw Daniel approaching, I started to get butterflies - and not the good ones - this is a big deal what I'm about to tell him. When I got home earlier after my fight with Daniel I told my mum everything and she said that actually Dan does deserve to know what happened. She pulled the "he was your boyfriend for 5 years" card on me.

"Hi."

"Hi."

We just looked at each other for a while and he raised his eyebrows as if expecting something, and then I remembered that I was the one that said we should meet up and realised that I should probably say something else.

"I am going to tell you what happened."

:-:-: Cliffhanger! Sorry! Well, kind of not sorry, I was going to write more but it's after midnight and I happen to have a really important exam at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning so... count yourself lucky that I wrote anything at all! ;)

So, I think that there's about 5 people reading my story... so please, if you are, please please please vote or comment to show some sort of existence! I will follow anyone who votes or comments... just saying. (I know, sounds needy, but I need some motivation here!) Also, if I get some kind of feedback, I will update on thursday or fridaaayyy. THAT'S TWO OR THREE DAYS.

Ok, sorry, I hate long author's notes, so I'm just gonna stop right there before this becomes an essay!

Jules xoxo :-:-: