Freak Show

There are ten of us.

The ring leader Gadriellis is over seven feet tall. He is 26 years old. He weighs around 192 pounds. His tall legs are quite thin, but his arms have a rather good amount of muscle. Overall an impressive physique. His black hair is always pulled back into a tight ponytail. His eyes are brown, yet full of life. He is kind, and he takes care of us. Everyone loves Gadriellis.

Liresca is a mermaid. I'm not joking. She is 21 years old. She is of undetermined height and weight. We can't take her out of the water to weigh or measure her. She has light brown hair that flows around her. He ivory skin shimmers as it melds into her turquoise scales. Her eyes are piercing green. She's very sweet. I sit by her tank and she tells me stories. She tells me that her parents are normal. She doesn't know how she was born with a fin covered in gorgeous scales. If she's out of the water her gills close, and it hurts her.

Riell is a starfish boy. He can regenerate his limbs. He is 20 years old. He is six feet tall and weighs only 138 pounds. He doesn't like eating. His skeletal face is curtained by locks of blonde hair. His eyes are blue. A lifeless blue. He keeps to himself a lot. I often see him cutting off his limbs. I know it hurts him. I don't know why he does it but it seems impolite to ask.

Claudia is the most flexible person alive. She is 20 years old. She's probably the most normal person out of all of us. She is small, only just over five feet two inches. She weighs 85 pounds. She has flaming red hair that is cut short. Her eyes are honey brown. Her face is sprinkled all over with light brown freckles. Her skin is the colour of sand. She is loud, funny, and honest. Very honest.

Ruby drinks blood. She's not a vampire she has an iron deficiency. She also really loves bats. Go figure. She is 18 years old. She is five feet and eight inches tall. She is 148 pounds. All of which is muscle. Her hair is jet black and pin straight.  Her side bangs always fall in her face. Her hair is long, falling to her lower back. Her eyes are dark brown and full of questions. She is best friends with Claudia, and she is just as crazy.

Emmett speaks to the dead. He is 19. He is five feet and eleven inches tall. He weighs 167 pounds. He works out a lot, and it shows. His blonde dreadlocks fall around his strong face. He looks tough, but he is jumpy and timid. His dark blue eyes are full of pain. The dead are always in his ear. Always whispering. He wakes up screaming every night. Ruby always goes in to comfort him. We''re waiting for the day that they realize they're in love.

Damien can eat (and does eat) anything. Whether it be random uncooked road kill or glass and bullets. He'll eat it. He is 17. He is five feet nine inches. He is only 152 pounds, making him very lanky. His hair is dyed purple and it sweeps across his face, often falling into his eyes. His eyes are grey. He's quite attractive, as far as I can tell. However, he's a douche. Pardon my language. He is set off by the littlest things. I hate him.

Mary Ann and Maribel are twins. Theh are joined at the hip. Literally. Siamese twins. They are only 9 years old. They are constantly whispering and giggling to each other. If you talk to them they tend to fall silent. They both have straight across bangs and curly hair. Their sandy curls are always pulled into high, side ponytails. Their eyes are black.

Finally there's me. Allouetta. People call my Alli. I am blind, but I can see. I don't understand how. I can only see things that aren't flat surfaces. I can't see any part of myself. I don't get it so don't ask. I am 15. I am five feet and six inches tall. I weigh 105 pounds. I am told I am too skinny. I am told my hair it's brownish reddish blondish... I don't understand how. I am told my eyes are green. I am quiet. I like to read. I am a vegetarian. I can't see colours, but I know the colour of things. I can tell What they are without seeing them. I don't get it either.

So this is us. The freak show. My family. I observe things. I observe them. I ask questions. A lot. I love my family even Damien sometimes. This is our story.