Chapter Two: Head Witchress

As I followed Guinevere through the corridors of the school, I paid attention to the design of the building and it's interior.

Surprisingly I saw no students in the hallway; they must've had classes to attend.

Guinevere came to an abrupt stop in front of a flight of stairs.

"This staircase will take you to Madam Cordelia." She told me. "She is expecting you."

Guinevere began walking away and continued with her daily duties.

I began going up the stairs slowly as I looked at the paintings that were displayed on the wall beside me.

The hairs on my neck stood up when I noticed the eyes of a painting were following me as I went up the stairs.

With hands and legs shaking, I closed my eyes and quickened my pace.

Finally, I reached the second floor.

In front of me stood a hallway leading up to a door with the words Principal written on top of it.

As I walked toward the door, I heard voices whispering.

I felt watched.

I was being watched.

Oh my god what is this place?

Trying to keep my paranoia on a low side, I rushed to reach the door.

Reaching the door handle, it seemed to almost move.

I couldn't even open the door.

The knob had moved!

Footsteps were approaching from the room in front of me and the hallway behind me.

The knock turned on its own, or did it?

Suddenly the voices became silent.

I looked up to a woman, looking down on me with a grimacing smile.

"You must be.. Amberlynn." The woman spoke.

I nodded my head.

"Come in." she said with a smile.

The woman moved aside as she invited me in.

I walked in and sat down on the chair in front of a desk.

The woman also sat down behind her desk.

"I am head of the school. My name is Khalida Cordelia, but just call me Ms. Cordelia. I own and run this academy. Your name is Amberlynn Hykrins, right?

"Good, I've been expecting you, Amberlynn." She told me. "Your room is on the 3rd floor of the Medusa Wing."

"The Medusa Wing?" I repeated.

"Oh that's right. You've never been here before. One moment, I will summon a guide for you." The woman said as she stood up and walked to a door which presumably lead to a bathroom or a storeroom.

"You don't need to go out of your way to get someone to guide me. Maybe a map would be sufficient." I told the woman I had no idea how big this place really was if it was divided into wings.

"Nonsense." She told me. "Your guide is already here."

The woman muttered a few words before turning the knob and opening the door.

There had been no way of getting into that room without walking through the office.

But somehow a young girl walked out and stood beside the headmistress.

Now that I had thought about it, Ms. Cordelia said summon.

Ms. Cordelia sat down at her desk and now looked at the open room.

"Oh my, forgot to close the door." She said in an irritated manner.

"I will get it, Miss." I told her as I began to stand.

"No need." She told me.

And with a whiff of her hand, the door shut itself.

I had almost begun to believe that my eyesight had betrayed me and that someone else had closed the door or that the wind had coincidentally closed it.

The woman waved her hand once more and the teapot on her table rose, pouring tea into a cup which was also on the table.

"Would you like some tea?" She asked me.

I shook my head.

Now I knew for sure that this woman was using magic.

Ms. Cordelia was a witch!

I examined the girl summoned by Cordelia was not ordinary at all.

The girl had purple-shaded scaly legs and webbed fingers.

Her hair was long and black and she had styled it so a small portion of her slick hair would be tied back.

She also had quite a curvy yet lean and athletic figure.

Her eyes were almost electric blue with purple dots in it and her pupil was completely black, as if it were a black dot in each eye.

Even on her face she seemed to have scales on her cheeks and a slight mark on her forehead.

She wore -what seemed to be- the school uniform, which was a medium length black or grey skirt, a white blouse and a black sweater or jacket. 

I could see she had scales on her knees.

"Meet your guide. Her name is Ivy and she will also be your roommate from now on." Ms. Cordelia announced.

"Nice to meet you, Amberlynn. I've heard so much about you." The girl told me as she smiled and held out her webbed hand, waiting me to shake it.

I knew I had to touch hers, or else I would seem impolite, but looking at her webbed fingers I felt like it would be slimy.

The girl began to feel uncomfortable and began pulling her hand back.

Before over thinking it, I shook her webby hand and smiled at her.

It wasn't at all as I thought it would be.

Her hand wasn't at all disgusting to touch, slimy or anything like the eyeball I saw this morning.

Her hand was dry and she seemed happy that I wasn't revolted by shaking her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, Ivy. I look forward to being roommates with you." I told her with a smile.

And interesting it would indeed be.

"Ivy, your classes and tasks for today are dismissed. Your tasks are to escort Amberlynn and to make her feel at home here at Saint Cordelia's Academy. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am." Ivy replied politely. "Come here, Amberlynn. Let me show you your new room so you can get settled in."