Ch. 3

I look up at the sky.

A drop of water plops onto my forehead and I wipe it off.  It has started to rain.

I'm in the park next to a bench.  It is a gloomy day and I am the only one there.

I let out a sigh of relief that this drop of water wasn't some sign from the Gods telling me I'm doing something wrong with my life.  Or the warning of a nuclear war starting. Either one.

By now, it has started to pour.  Thick blobs of clear water drenching my hair and clothes.  It feels wonderful.  However, I know that I should probably go home because my mom would hate it if I got my clothes wet.

You know what? Screw it.  It's water.  A harmless liquid that will be involved in every life for their whole life.  Until, however, we invent some way to live without water.  

I don't know why I don't leave. It seems as though I have been sitting at this bench for hours when I notice my vision becomes blurry.

I stand up.  I can't see a single clear image.  Just fuzzy shapes and colors.  I can't walk straight even.  The rain hasn't stopped and it seems to make this journey to the other sidewalk much more difficult than it should be.

Back and forth. My body sways in different directions leaving me with no self control.

I give up.  I can't believe this, but I give up.  Let myself go.  I drop down to the sidewalk head first.

Crack.

Something in my body cracks and I slowly black out.

...........................................

I'm being carried.  Someone is carrying me slowly across the park from where I passed out.  I am sprawled across his arms.   If it is a he.... or a her?  I catch a short glimpse and I see a black hoodie.  So I turn my head slightly and catch a wiff of his jacket sleeve.  It smells like detergent.  Yeah...definitely a he...

I become extremely weak again and I black out once more.  I feel as though I am falling into a deep pit in an uncertain place in my mind.  

I begin another one of my dreams again.

But instead of Skatz or Dominic or Mom being there...it's black hoodie guy who carried me.

His face is concealed and i can see only his black hoodie, his hands (pale as a ghost), and his black pants.  Oh and his shoes, a pair of black and white checkered vans.

Same old dream.  He melts into nothing on the floor.  This time I don't cry.  I guess my feeling is that I will be seeing him again.

Then something weird happens.  He is molded back into himself by all of these translucent angels.  They seem sad, and weirdly connected to him, like ghosts of his past.  

After this, he comes towards me.  He is just about the creepiest looking person ever but i don't run. Instead I let him embrace me as I inhale the smells from his sweatshirt.  Detergent. Again.

This is the only dream I have ever had that has ended well.  It feels wonderful.

I wake up.

Look around.  I see a microwave next to a window, and I'm on a couch.  I'm also not in wet clothes anymore.  In fact, I'm wearing his black hoodie.

I start to shiver ferociously and that's when I notice my pounding headache that I get when I move my head slightly.  I also can't move.

"Help.."  I squeak in a small voice.

I hear footsteps and black hoodie guy walks in the room.  

God.

He's extremely attractive.  Jet black hair and a pale face.  His features are perfectly sculpted and I don't see anything wrong with him.  He has kind eyes, not a mesmerizing green like Dominic's, but a muted blue that makes me have to catch my breath.

Instead of talking, he hands me a glass of water.  I drink it heartily, watching him the whole time.  He looks at me with those sad eyes.  It's clear to me he lives alone because this seems to be his home.  Except it's almost empty. There is no furniture in this room except for a fold-out table, a couch, and a counter with a microwave on it.  

"h-h..who-...who are you?"

"Just a person.  That's all."

This sends chills down my spine.

"Why am I here?  How am I here? Do I know you?  Why can't I move my legs?!"

"Whoa there.  You are here because I found you in the park.  You are here because I carried you.  You don't know me.  And you can move your legs.  You just won't let yourself move them."

His voice is calm and quiet but still forceful. 

As he answers all of my questions, I don't let my gaze drop from his eyes.  Somehow, they are more mesmerizing than Dominic's the more I look at them.  He has less of a harsh look, too.  I also think of Dominic as this Abercrombie model type.  Which I always thought myself lucky to be with.  Black hoodie guy doesn't have such strong defined features.  

That reminds me...

"What is your name?"

"Taylor."

I love that name.  Now even more.

"I live here.  Alone.  I'm seventeen.  I dropped out of school when I was sixteen because I couldn't afford to get a ride to school. I-"

"You couldn't afford to get to school?"

"Yeah, I used to live in foster care but I had to pay for my own ride to school.  I couldn't really afford to take the bus."

I don't know why he seems to be telling me his whole story.  Unlike Dominic, he doesn't have an earbud in.  It always seems like Dominic isn't listening when I'm talking because he is always listening to music.  

Taylor listens to me the whole time I'm talking.  I tell him why I was at the park.  My name.  That I'm also seventeen but I didn't drop out of school when I was sixteen.  

He sometimes, however, glances around the room with his blue eyes.  Unsure of himself.  I can tell he's been through a lot in his life.

He slowly helps me up from the couch and I again smell his shirt.  More detergent.  Mmm....It smells quite good.  

I start to take of his hoodie to give it back to him, but I notice I'm only wearing a bra underneath it.

I pull it off my shoulders, look down, and throw it back on.

Oh my God.

"Don't worry.  I didnt' look. I just had to get your wet clothes off so you wouldn't die of hypothermia."

"Thanks."

"Keep the hoodie.  It suits you."

He helps me to the door and I follow the stone path out to the sidewalk.

"Goodbye" He says.

"I look up at the sky again.  Its still gloomy and cloudy.

I continue up the path and exit through a small gate.

I feel chilly so I put my hands in my pockets.

I feel a piece of paper. I pull it out.

"503-771-0203"

It's his phone number.  

A smile comes onto my face because I know now I will be able to see him again....