Chapter 7- The Death of Jack Cuthbert

Jack threw me on the floor, before his body was jerked back. Even with pain creating a haze in my vision, I saw a meaty fist grasp him by the back of his neck.

This was it. The adventure I was sure we would experience had been cut short, and I was now a fool for thinking that. Time slowed down to a near-halt.

Warm chestnut eyes met my moist ones, and they widened, shocked at my sadness. And even I was shocked at the wetness in them. Had I grown to befriend this boy? To care for him? Surely not.

A slight smile tugged his lips, but it was sad one, because it said 'it was a pleasure doing business with you' and bid me a clear farewell.

Time sped up again, and yanked Jack away, and dishevelled his hair, and ripped the tears from my eyes and allowed them to run down my face. Both thugs had now caught up, and one had his arm around Jack's neck, locked and suffocating.

"Stop!" I screamed at the brute, but he was deaf to my voice. The other one ran up to its partner, and in his hand was something that brought all my organs up to my throat: a blade.

And he ran, charged almost, because he didn't stop, only when he stabbed it right into Jacks stomach.

And that was all there was to it.

The End--

Oh. Wait a second... How did that draft end up here...?

Apologies if I caused any heart attacks, but unfortunately this isn't Chapter 7. I assure you that Jack hasn't been stabbed, because I could never do that (or could I...?) and this was just a pran-- I mean-- just an accidentally published draft that one often creates when the frustration of a writers block reaches its peak. Not a twisted or cruel joke played on the wonderful readers of Wattpad in any way. *silently tries to hold in laughter*

BUT onto a quick authors note that I might as well do since I'm here and since you're here and since we're all here, and a note that most people might not even read, but I feel I need to write to explain why I haven't updated in 6/7/8 months (can't even remember how long it's been, thats how long it's been) and all of that and you don't have to read it but you can if you want:

Well firstly, I just want to say thank you so much to all the reads and votes and comments everyone has been so kind to give! A reader recently voted on all six chapters, and it had been a while since that happened, and I was over the blooming moon to say the least!! So thank you sincerely to all, because to know that you guys are enjoying what I'd written for my own amusement, and what I never thought I'd publish in a million years, is soooo...surreal. A bit of a cheesy word but thats the only one I can think of right now heh...

So onto the important and annoying sh*t concerning why I haven't updated in ages. Not going to sugar-coat it: I'm lazy. And a slight perfectionist. So as you can imagine, these two aren't a very good combination lol. And also, school.

So, after being a lazy perfectionist, I've written and re-written and edited and re-edited Chapter 7 about a million times (well more like 60 times but it feels like more) and I just can't seem to get it as perfect as I would like. Its taking the wee-wee. I think I'm onto something now, so I pray to the Lord that it works out, and I will hopefully be uploading it within the next two weeks. I've also been working on Chapters 8, 9& 10 which are filler sort of chapters, and they are basically Jack and Lynn's backstories, which I find kind of hard to write because I just want to rush to the good parts!! But it's not that they aren't good (I really am selling this aren't I?) , its just that I feel like I'm not writing it in the best way possible for you guys to enjoy it. So if anyone has any tips on how to narrate good flashbacks or events that have happened in the past, please do share, and I would be eternally grateful!!

Well that's all! I just wanted you guys to know that I haven't abandoned this book and I am trying to update asap, and all the votes and reads really are very motivating, so thanks for them! And sorry again about the little heart attack I might have given you earlier. I just couldn't resist heh heh heh...

Goodbye for now, and have a good day!