Chapter Eight.

"What did he say?" I hear Levi's voice echo through my ears.

"He said he wanted us to go for it. To give our lives for this one mission... This most likely will mean, half of us will die. And seeing as Eren isn't as experienced in this as we are; I have a feeling he might well...You know." I think it's Erwin says. 

"You can stop right there...When will this mission take place?" He questions.

"Tomorrow at approximately ten thirty." He explains.

"Alright. Thank you." Levi clears his throat before hearing the door close. I still feel ill. I have been all night. I even pulled out of having sex because I wasn't feeling overly fantastic. I hear him sigh loudly before feeling the sheet get pulled back. His warm body runs past mine as he lies back down next to me. 

"What am I going to do?" He whispers to himself. 

"Not go?" I speak up.

"Eren?" His voice is full of surprise. I open one eye to show him I'm fully awake.

"You heard?" He questions. I nod in response before rubbing my eyes slightly, getting rid of the sleep in my eye.

"It's a dangerous task and I just don't think it's very...well...suitable for you." He mutters the last bit.

"Excuse me?" I gasp a little shocked.

"I am just as ready for this as much as you guys are! If anything you need me." I fold my arms.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's just...I don't want you getting killed." 

"And you think leaving me here will solve that? I will have to die one wayor another Levi." I childishly say. 

"I..." He starts but I cut him off.

"And what if you die and don't return? And I'm left here wondering where you are..." I twiddle my thumbs hoping I don't burst out into tears. The thought of losing Levi to one of those...Things! is unbearable.

"I won't die." He clears his throat.

"What makes you so sure?"

"I-I don't know. I just know that I won't die." He scratches the back of his neck.

"Well no matter what you say, I'm coming." I state.

"Eren please." Levi begs.

"No Levi." 

"Come on be reasonable about this. You're the first good thing that has happened to me for a very long time. I'm not going to let that slip away so easily." He pleads. I remain silent as I think about his proposal. I gave my word that I would kill all the titans and I will live up to that. No matter what anyone says, even Levi, I'm going.

"I'm going and that's final." I stubbornly say.

"Fine, do what you want. But if you get caught by a titan, don't come screaming for me. I don't give a fuck if you die." He spits slamming the door behind him. His words stab me likes knives. He didn't mean it...He's just mad.

A few hours pass and I haven't seen Levi since our little fight. I honestly don't understand why he is so angry with me. If anything he needs me out there. If he has forgotten, I can't really die. A limb is cut off, I turn into a titan. The only way I could die is if he cuts the titan's neck I am in and kills me along with it. Or if he gets my heart or something... I decide to go look for him seeing as we weren't doing any training. I find myself looking for him for over an hour. I kept on getting distracted okay? 

"Hey Erwin where's Levi?" I  ask him as I notice him sitting on the chair out the front. He stares at me like I was worthless before replying. 

"He said he was down in the basement." He mutters.