Please Love Me Again

The sun seeps through the blinds beside me, burning my eyes as I slowly wake from my slumber. I yawn and stretch my arms above my head, then slip my legs over the side of my bed, ready to get up. I hop off my bed then stumble lazily down the stairs to the kitchen where I grab a yoghurt from the fridge for breakfast. Swiftly grabbing a spoon out of the drawer, I scoff down the yoghurt with ease. This is the first thing I've eaten in two days. After breaking Colton's heart I had spent the whole weekend worried that he wouldn't have seen the note, and when I worry, I don't eat. I felt sick for what I'd said to him.

My eyes search my cupboard for something to wear, and quickly chuck on a pair of leggings, a large hoodie, and volleys as I realize that I only have twenty minutes to get to school, and its a fifteen minute walk.

I run out of the house with ten minutes until school starts, and I decide that it would be best if I just run the whole way to school.

I burst through the front doors, run to my locker, grab my books, then run to class. The moment I enter the classroom I know I had made a mistake. My eyes search the room and I realize what had happened. She's done it again.

-Colton's POV-

I walk over to my locker and grab my books for the first class. I wonder where Faith is today, I haven't seen her yet. Does she know I got the note? Maybe she's just late or maybe she's embarrassed about the things she said. I'm sure there's a reason. I sigh loudly, then continue the walk to class.

The moment I enter the classroom I know there's something wrong. I look around to see if there's anything different, but everything looks the same, which concerns me even more.

I walk past the closet at the front of the classroom, and hear small whimpers coming from inside it. Curiosity gets the better of me, and I quickly open the door to reveal a shivering Faith.

"Oh my god! What happened?! Are you okay?!" I yell as the beautiful girl I love falls into my arms, causing me to drop my books.

The only sound that escapes her lips are small whimpers again. I cant just leave her here. I have to take her away from here, she has been hurt here too many times. I pick her up in my arms and carry her out of the room, through the hallway, and out to my car. I place her into the passenger side of the car, buckle her into her seat belt. I look in the boot to try and find something to keep her warm but the only thing I find is one of my old jumpers. That'll have to do. I race back to her side and help her put the hoodie on. She nods in reassurance that she's okay then I get into the car and drive home.

----------

I park in front of my house, carrying her in my arms to the front door. "Faith, can you hear me?" I whisper into her ear, hoping she can. She groans a bit, and wiggles around in my arms, so I take that as a yes.

"Where are we?" she asks softly as I walk through the front door. I lock the door behind me, then carry her up the stairs into my room. She's warmed up a bit because of the jumper and doesn't shiver as much in my arms.

"We're at my house. You didn't look well enough to stay at school so I thought I'd bring you here." I whisper again so I don't hurt her precious ears. She snuggles closer into my arms as I walk further into my room. I walk over to the bed and softly place her down onto it, tucking her in under the covers. I kiss her forehead softly before walking over to the bathroom to have a shower.

-----------

I get out of the shower and tie a towel tightly around my waist. I walk through my room to go to the wardrobe to get clothes, but when I pass my bed, Faith is nowhere to be seen. "Faith? Are you here?" I yell out, searching my room for any sign of her. I hear her signature giggle, then walk over to the wardrobe.

I open the doors, and a screaming Faith leaps out and lands on top of me, causing me to fall to the floor. "Got you!" she yells out while laughing hysterically. 

"Oh no, you got me!" I yell, holding my hand to my chest, pretending I got shot.

-Faith's POV-

I laugh for a few more moments before I hesitantly get off him and stand up straight. I then help him to his feet, quickly push him down again before running off as fast as I can. "Catch me if you can!" I yell behind me, then laugh again happily. I hear him groan, then laughing before chasing after me again.

I am so happy to have Colton in my life, if he wasn't here I would still be in the locker, or in that freezer, or in the cupboard. He has saved my life so many times and I can't repay him for that.

"I'm gonna get you!" I hear him yell out as I hide in a cupboard in the lounge room. I giggle slightly, then realise it was a mistake when I see him smile slightly, then turn towards the cupboard. Why is it that I always seem to choose a cupboard as a hiding place? I gasp when he opens the doors and grabs me by the waist, pulling me out of the cupboard.

"I got you." he whispers into my ear as he pins me onto the couch. His warm breath fans my face, and I stare into his beautiful electric blue eyes, and I get lost in them all over again.

"Faith.." he whispers quietly.

"Colton.." I whisper back, smiling.

"Faith, I love you."

"Colton, I love you too."