Chapter 1: The Nightmares...

Sophie was in a dark hole in the pit of her mind. To her, she saw herself sobbing uncontrollably, which was broken up by fits of anger and madness. A voice in her mind filled her head, which filled to a dull throb. It's your destiny Sophie! Screamed a voice. It was familiar. A bad familiar to Sophie. Fintan. The word clicked like a buzzer. Sophie saw herself stop sobbing. She felt like she was back in herself. A slight clicking noise had filled the air. Vespera. Sophie's mind remembered the way she walked. Vespera came into view, "Ah, Sophie, we thought you were smarter than this.. leaving people to die in a pit full of everblaze isn't your thing. But, then again. Your their puppet."  Vespera let the last words crawl out of her mouth like a venomous spider ready to bite Sophie. Vespera has vanished by the time Sophie was down wallowing in what she said. The word puppet rang through her head until it became a shrill screaming voice. I need to get out of here. Sophie told herself. She made herself feel like she was climbing and invisible ladder through the bleak darkness. Soon it felt like she was close to the surface of the sea of darkness. But she heard a familiar scream. It was Sophie. A distant memory. Herself, in a chair blindfolded. Sophie shuddered at the thought. The screaming was getting closer. Louder. More painful than the last. CLIMB YOU FOOL! Sophie yelled at herself. She climbed the last bit, only to find herself swimming. Then a firm ground came beneath her. Black swans circled the sky above like vultures. A beautiful black against the sunset. She started wading through the still shallow water. She heard the screaming start again, this time Sophie herself, a mirror image was walking toward her. As if the clone was in a trance, she was dancing on the water, screaming with her mouth agape. Sophie Saw a white blinding light behind her, as the clone came closer still, Sophie ran channeling whatever energy she could muster into her legs, whatever  she did the clone followed in the same motions now. It was now running. Running to kill. Sophie was frightened by the sight giving herself an adrenaline. She burst through the light. Only to find her friends faces staring back at her grief and ferocious anger twisting their faces. Keefe, Fitz, Biana, Dex, Tam, Linh, and Marella's faces started all in unison, laughing a cruel, horrid and wicked laugh. A laugh that tore at Sophie's heart. They all stopped, all at once. But a scream remained. Sophie realized it was herself. 

                                                                               ************ 

    Sophie woke from the nightmare in a cold sweat, screaming. Only to wake up completely by smacking heads with a familiar ice-blue eyed friend. "Ow! Keefe!" Sophie mumbled while rubbing her head. His eyes and face contorted in utter concern and grief. Sophie look around the room. Elwin, Edaline, Grady, Della, Alden, Fitz, Biana, Tam, Linh, Dex, and Magnate Leto we're staring at her with so much concern that it made Sophie squirm. Keefe was sitting at the end of her bed, while the still darkness outside and Iggys' snoring told Sophie what time it was. Grady was glaring in Keefe's dorection. Fitz too. "What happened?" Were the only words Sophie could seem to mutter. Everything seemed still and quiet. Even Iggy had woken up from the sheer silence. "Well, Edaline had called Elwin, then called everyone else over because of..." Keefe was the only one that could find his voice but yet lost it at the end of his words. His voice looked so concerned Sophie was sure that she had a gulon sitting on her head. "Because of what??" Sophie didn't demand but had a hint of it when she said the words. Edaline stepped in, "Sophie, I was so worried because it looked like you were having a seizure, and then you started screaming, and then sobbing and then punching. I hailed Elwin and he said your stress levels were off the roof but your vitals were fine." Grady looked away trying to find interest in the walls of Sophie's room.  "Oh.." Sophie's voice seemed to wither at this realization. "Why.. Why were you doing those things...?" Grady found his voice asking in a very concerened and worried voice. "You don't want to know.." Sophie said darkly.  "But we do.." Alden spoke up. Sophie explained every detail of the clone, the wails, Vespera, Fintan's words, and so on. Everyone was too shocked to say anything afterwards. Keefe finally said,   "Foster, how do you not punch things after all the nightmares you have?" It didn't sound like Keefe to Sophie, her face looked a little worried but then she said,    "Well, I feel like these nightmares are being planted. I saw Vespera and heard Fintan so vividly. It's no coincidence..." Everyone pondered over that thought, before they all left but by bit giving her hugs and reassuring her that verything would be ok. Keefe was the last to go, while Grady stood in the doorway glaring at Keefe making sure he didn't make a move on Sophie. Keefe hugged her and whispered in her ear "11 o'clock, panakes" Sophie nodded slightly saying thanks for coming. Then waited for Grady to see if he caught anything but he just kissed her goodnight, then left her to sleep. Sleep pulled her under, revealing darkness. A cold crisp voice poked through the darkness. 

                                                                      So you think your safe?

Hi guys! It's me Kit, I hope you like the chapter. Before I continue, I need a few comments on my writing and about at least 2 reads. I may cut it short if I'm just bored and dieing to write another chapter, but I hope you like it so far and by the way this is my first book, so I need all the constructive criticism I can get! Thanks for reading!

-Kit