10: good luck darling!

SEPTEMBER 25, 2015 ISSUE OF E! NEWS.

MADDIE "LINCOLN", STAR OF AMC'S THE WALKING DEAD, WAS CAUGHT STEPPING OUTSIDE OF A COURTHOUSE THIS MORNING!

As fans of the young starlet, we can only ask ourselves why she could possibly be there!

Our reporters on scene did ask about her appearance, to which the teen offered us a smile and politely declined by saying, "No comment."

However, according to our sources, the answer may have been in front of us the whole time!

Maddie Lincoln (as she goes by on her social media platforms and acting jobs) is actually Madison Moravec, born to her biological mother, Ruza Moravec, in 2000. The plot sure does thicken!

Though never speaking publicly about it, the young girl fell under the spotlight, though controversially, in 2012 when it was announced that Andrew Lincoln, [Clutterbuck] who appears as your favorite sheriff Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead, had another child!

In late 2012, Lincoln's team released this statement:

"He [Andrew] is very thankful to have her [Madison] in his life and welcomes her with open arms. No further comment will be made at this time."

It was surely a sweet note, but left much to the imagination! Like, where did this girl come from! Maddie certainly sports Lincoln's blue eyes, so the question as to her whether or not he is truly her father is senseless to ask, leaving the real question to be exactly how all of this came about. Further, did he know she existed?

Her welcome to the public was mixed. While some were open and accepting of the bright-eyed young girl, others thought it was distasteful and disrespectful of Andrew to bring her into his family with his wife (whom later divorced him in 2013). But do you blame her?

One of the first images we gained of the young girl was posted by none other than Lauren Cohan who portrays Maggie Greene on The Walking Dead, whom Madison has claimed is her "surrogate mother" on multiple occasions. How cute!

via 2012 instagram | user laurencohan

laurencohan: met this brilliant little girl today, and we decided to paint nails

laurencohan: met this brilliant little girl today, and we decided to paint nails. i love love love you maddie!!!

Our best guess as to why Maddie was spotted at the court house is that it is likely due to custody matters. Allegedly, her parents have split custody over the teen. However, Maddie often spends more of her time with her father due to her acting career.

Also, there are reportedly many aspects of the contract to be settled as Maddie's biological mother passed away four months ago due to a drug overdose. Her maternal grandparents are said to want partial custody of their grandchild, but it is widely unknown if they will receive it due to the little connection they share these days.

We here at E! News greatly wonder why this story is kept so secret. Why not air it all out? Further, how and why was Maddie introduced to her father? We have reached out to the teen and her father, as well as AMC, but have unfortunately received no response. You're killing us here!

All in all, we wish the best to this young girl swallowed up in this tragic custody battle! Hopefully it all falls into place for you, Maddie. Good luck darling!

-E!

a/n;

imagine thinking this is all the tea of maddie's backstory. also andy's wife is probably a sweetheart this doesn't reflect her character in real life with the divorce, it is solely for plot purposes!!! 💓