Her Sufferings

Abbey's POV

"Kevin," I prayed. "It's been a while. How are you now? Is it fun there? I'm trying to have fun here as well, even with you not here anymore. Mom, Dad, Yul and Mitch are trying their best to comfort me and keep me company. It's stupid, I know, it's been two years since you left me, but I can't forget, even your warmth." 

Tears eventually flowed. I still remember each and every part of him. It still hurts me whenever I'm reminded of the fact that he's gone now. He's never coming back. My tears fell like it was some waterfall. 

"Always watch over me, Kev. I'll do my best. I miss you so much. And I love you."

I wiped my tears then stood up. I took a deep breath and went to them, smiling. They stared at me, sadly, for a couple of seconds. Oh God, I forgot, maybe my eyes are red! 

I smiled. "It's alright, you guys. Kev said he's fine."

Trevor pulled me to him. He embraced me, tightly. "You shouldn't hide your real emotions. It's okay to cry with a reason. Much more if the reason is as heavy as this."

I squeezed the back of his shirt and eventually felt the tears popping out again. I cried my eyes out. It was so depressing! I knew I shouldn't have come here!

"I'll walk Mitch home. Is it fine if you go walk Abb home, Trevor?" Yul asked. Mitch and him were by the other street. 

"Sure, Yul!" He chuckled, then made a peace sign. "You can entrust your pretty best friend, Abbey, to me!"

"Bye Abb, Trev!" Mayu waved.

"Wait, wait, wait! Rewind and Freeze!" I yelled. "Why are you all so familiar with each other?"

"We talked while you were praying and-" Mitch chuckled. Suddenly little drops of rain fell from the sky. She held out her hand. "Oh my! It's going to rain. We have to run!" Mitch continued.

"Wait! Please!" I shouted. I turned to Trevor. "Do you have an umbrella?" 

"Hm?" He checked his bag. "Yeah." He pulled it out, opened it and covered us from the rain. 

I reached for the umbrella in my bag. I walked to Mitch and Yul, with Trevor. They have to go home safely. I don't know what I'd do if, the next morning, I'd find out that one of them was also in an accident due to the heavy rain.

"Here." I opened the umbrella then gave it to them. "Don't run, ok? And be sire look around before you cross the street. Be careful you guys. Please don't be as careless as Kevin."

Mitch grinned. She hugged me. "We will be very very careful. Thank you, Abb."

"Thanks Abb." Yul grinned. They walked away.

"Let's go?" Trevor asked.

I nodded. We walked as the rain poured heavily.

Trevor faked a cough then asked, "He died in a car accident, right?" 

"Mm." I nodded. "It was also raining that day. I was waiting for him to fetch me at home because we promised to go to school together. But he didn't came."

"You must've loved him so much." 

I smiled. "Yes. I loved him so much. So much that when I heard about his accident, I felt his pain. Like I was the one who was hit by a car on a rainy day."

Trevor's POV

Her pain. Her sufferings. That guy must've been a really great one, that even after two years, Abbey still can't forget him. She looked so miserable earlier. I saw her astonishing blue eyes shine from her tears. Even when she's crying, she's still as beautiful as she can be. Her every teardrops were like diamonds that I would want to catch before they fell on the ground. I actually felt jealous of this guy, Abbey loved him very much. But he's already gone, and all I can do is pray for his spirit and for Abbey's happiness.

"Abbey." I mumbled then grinned. I stared at her small and enchanting heart-shaped face. "Now I see, why everyone in campus likes you."

"Why?" Her eyes widened.

"Because even if you look so sheik, you are actually very simple." I said. Good God, that's very embarrassing to say! "You know, I think Kevin would like it more if you smile with real happiness."

"Real? What do you mean?" Her eyebrows raised a little.

"It's just that, when you smile, I can still see the marks of loneliness." I

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

We heard a very loud honk of a car from behind us.

I immediately threw the umbrella aside, hugged her tightly then pushed us both to the safe side. The car continued to speed without stopping to check how we were. That bastard! But that was really a close one. After a few seconds, I realized she was still in my arms. We eventually stared at each other.

Abbey's POV

Trevor managed to push us both to the corner of the street. He hugged me tightly as he glared at the car who passed by, then stared at me. His beautiful gray eyes which were the same color as the rain made my heart thump rapidly. Why do I feel protected in this arms of his? Why do I feel so captivated by him?

"Uhm.." I drove myself away. This isn't right. I still love Kevin and Trevor's just one of my other suitors. "My.. My house is nearby. I'll just run."  I ran to my house, not looking back then entered. 

"Abb?" I heard mom called.

I ran to my room, huffing. My heart won't stop beating so loudly. 

"Why?" I touched my chest. "Why is my heart like this?" 

If ever it is what I am thinking, Kevin, I'm sorry.

-end.