House Of Which He Doesn't Belong

"Checkmate!"

"Damn it!" Edun sighed, clearing the board of the black and white peices, "You're far to good at this, I told you that you're smart Blyke..." Edun pouted in dissatisfaction, having lost for the third time today.

"So, teachers?" I asked him. "Called last night, told them you were not of noble blood and then they said you have to beat them in chess." He responded, sighing for the millionth time now today, so I spoke up, "Anything wrong Edun? You seem to be... Disturbed."

"Nothing..." He blew a puff of air once again, "It's just I'm scared, you know? You playing against the smartest adults in the kingdom? Seems unfair..."

"Contradictory to what you said earlier."

"Yes but, these people are thoroughly educated, not highschoolers like you and me, well just me but..." He stopped himself from rambling and looked me streight in the eye, "If you want to do this you have my support but- "

"You sound like some girl's parents!" I cut in laughing.

I knew he was right, but while I had the chance, I had to remain optimistic because I know the bitter feeling of dissapointments will bite me in the ass. Once more Edun sighed and looked up at me up and down, then noded, "I think I might have some clothes that fit you."

Edun grabbed a hold of my hand and dragged me to his room. He spun around and looked for his dresser opening it up to study all of his clothing, sliding through them.

 "Anything?" I asked he hummed with a low key as a response. Then it seemed to have came to him, "I have an outfit that is a big for me, but i'm sure it if would fit you." He seemed to look for something then grabbed a stool. His height elevated and grabbed a box at the top of the dresser. He threw the box onto his bed and I walked over to open it.

Inside there was a white button up dress shirt, a blue vest, and a black tie and overcoat. "Try it on." Said Edun as he walked near me. I decided to just get undressed, throwing my shirt to my feet. I heard a squeak behind me and I turned around to see Edun with steam coming out of his ears. I hummed to him, he just hummed back. 

I resumed putting the clothing back on. It fit pretty well,  surprisingly. My tired looking eyes spoke up though and my pale complexion made me look like a vampire. "Edun, it's fine to look..." I trailed off, thinking, it always was. 

"Whoa, when did a sexy vampire sneak in through the window?" He smiled while looking at me up and down. "I was thinking the same thing," I chuckled "Except for the sexy part!"

We laughed together for a when suddenly a knock came to the door, "It's open." Edun grumbled. "Hello, young master." The young woman bowed with a smooth voice. 

I could have sworn Edun said something under his breath, but I couldn't decipher it. I looked back at the maid seeing her eyes widen, then fell amidiantly back into the her curtsy pose. "Apologies for not welcoming you my prince!" She quivered. 

"Miss, i'm not of royal blood, I'm sorry if my eyes have deceived you."

She looked back up, looking like she had remember the king doesn't have a son. "My apologies for assuming your title young sir."  I let it slide, like I wouln't.  Edun piped in, "What do you want?" He said with a harsh tone. The maid smiled, "Your mother has summoned you, she says you want to bring someone named Blake-" 

"Blyke"

"Ah, yes, Blyke Griffiths to school, may I ask for what?"

"It's none of your business, here," He shoved Me into the maid, "Show him to the washroom," And left without another word

The maid smiled at me and put a hand out, gesturing for mine, "Washroom sir?"

"Blyke..."
"Oh, urm, yes. Alright then, Sir. B-Blyke"
"No, please... Just Blyke..."

I slowly reached out for her hand with my head down, hesitating to actually hold it. Before I realized it, I was brought back into reality by the coldness of her palm. "I shall lead you there."

We traveled through the glimmering guarded of a house and eventually we were before a white door. She knocked multiple times and entered when she didn't hear a pen drop.

"B-Blyke, I assume the young master wants you to bathe, i'd like to ask if you would strip please." Blood rushed to my face.

Despite this having happened before, a butler was present, making the shame fading away. She was still smiling at me as I slowly started unbuttoning the shirt.

"Do you need help?"

"N-no," I whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't hear you," the woman said, "it seems that you're struggling."

The maid walked closer to me with a menecing grin and grabbed my collar, "Here, I shall help you,"

The maid ripped the clothing from my arms and lunged toward me as a tried backing up. I felt something spark in me for a split second, but the feeling quickly vanished as I fell onto hard and cold ceramic. "Stop it!" I hollered, "Stop, Edun help me!" I called.

Thumping echoed through the hallways through the open door, and in the door way was an Edun I didn't recognize. He had dark green eyes and his jaw was clamped shut. He grabbed the maid by her hair, and pulled her up.

Her skinny body flew up like a balloon as she cried out in a bit of pain, "Ouch!" she repeated. Edun's grip on her hair tightened, yanking her ear near his mouth, mumbling something below his breath, finishing with a growl. 

The maid, her face now flushed in red, scurried away from the both of us as I tried to remove the rest of my clothing. Edun puffed up again, "If you need anything, i'll be outside the door." I nodded and hummed, not wanting to talk from the assault I just faced.

The door thumped and I looked at the closed white slab. What was that, who was that, why did that happen? Questions swirled in my mind, but I quickly shook them away for me to answer later.