When Nancy Isn't Your Biggest Fan II sh

A/N: PLEASE READ THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.

I would just like to point our that, if a name of a random character appears in a chapter and it isn't supposed to be there, you have permission to politely alert me of this mishap, so that I can fix the typo, if and when I have time. However, this is not an invitation to be rude to me, for making a simple mistake. I write several books, sometimes I get a bit mixed up in what I am writing or my dyslexia swaps letters and words around. So yes, misspells and random character names can sometimes occur within my work and that's okay. A majority of you, my dear readers, are more than lovely. Your comments are hilarious or heart-warming. It is just occasionally, some idiotic muggle forgets their manners and comments something hurtful, which I will not stand for. I just want to make my opinions on this matter clear before I wrote anything further. Thank you.

This chapter is dedicated to @buffykahuna . Sorry, this became a little more angsty than I had planned. If it isn't to your liking, I am more than happy to make you a rewrite. :)

****

You were relaxing in your room, listening to your cassette of music. Annie Lennox's voice played through the headphones. You were completely lost in your own thoughts. So when Steve crashed through the bedroom door, you were more than a little startled by his appearance.

"Stevie?!" you sighed, your hand clutching your chest. Your heart raced beneath your palm.

He sat at the foot of your bed, his back to you but you could see the slight shake of his shoulders. You instantly realised that he was crying. Fear and worry washed over you as you moved off of your bed to stand before your weeping boyfriend.

As soon as you were in arms reach, the brunette pulled you to him, burying his face in your torso, the sound of muffled, broken sobs escaping his lips.

You instinctively began to rub his shoulders, run your fingers through his hair, anything to soothe the weeping male. "What happened?" you quietly asked, not wanting to disturb the fragile atmosphere.

Wiping away his tears on his sleeve, you watched as Steve shook his head, trying to suppress another wave of emotion. "It was nothing; just an argument."

"With Nancy?" you guessed, knowing that if it had been her he was arguing with, you would have been the topic of conversation.

You knew why Nancy didn't like you but you couldn't help but wish that, she would just accept you as someone whom was not trying to take her friend away. You hated the way you were breaking their friendship up. You also hated how that, once you two had been close too but that bond had severed as soon as Steve had come on the scene.

He remained silent, answering your question.

"I'm so sorry," you apologised, bending forward slightly to kiss the top of his head. "It's my fault that you're arguing."

"No." he once again shook his head. "No, don't blame yourself. She..." more tears ran down his perfect face as he uttered her name. "She just needs to learn to be less protective."