Chapter 48: War Begins

“You’re that woman that would baby sit for me when I was three! You sang that song to calm me down when I cried… but why? What’s your interest in me?”

She gives me no answer, but just looks at me.

After a moment of silence, she finally opens her hand, and a sword, the Haven’s Cloud, appears in her hand.

“Because Danica, you are the one who will wield the Haven’s Cloud against Ramok. I have foreseen it. But before you go to claim it, you must put an end to this rebellion. Go home, and take the plans you stole earlier. They are a map of every Insurrection base.”

I nod, only confused even more.

“One last thing, Danica Crown.”

“What?” I ask, unsure of what she will tell me.

“As hard as it is, try to be kind with Alexander. He has gone through many things, some of them you have experienced yourself. His pride will not allow you to pity him, instead, just try to pry him open.” She closes her eyes, a strange look of concern on her face. “He is full of such violent anger, such rage… for his sake and the world’s sake… help him. The last time he gave in to his hatred, the whole Alasian continent was almost swept away.”

My eyes frown. “The Year of Storms? Because he gave into his hatred? But where does it come from? Why is he so angry? Tell me!”

“Danica, you will have to learn that for yourself.” The whole garden begins to fade to white, and I momentarily lose consciousness.

“Danica! Danica! Wake up! It’s morning!” Ore’s voice suddenly rings out sharply.

What was that…? Some sort of dream? No. I felt her presence. And… why? What makes Alexander so angry?

“DANCIA! WAKE UP ALREADY!” Ore finally yells.

“Alright! Will you shut up?!” I snap, finally driven awake by his insistent yelling.

“Sorry.” He murmurs. I sit up, in PJs.

“Ore, get dressed. And no, pajamas are NOT clothes. Once you have, get Orph and Summer ready. We’re leaving.” The fire in my voice made Ore nervous.

“Why?” He stammers in surprise.

“Because we’re going home, rockhead. We’re going back, so that we can put an end to this Insurrection. And then, I’m going to get on Alexander’s case until he gives me an actual reason for hating me. My grandfather may have done terrible things, but that doesn’t mean he can pin the blame on me!” My voice only rose.

“Ok! Ok! Calm down, we’ll go get ready!” Ore panics, and runs out the door.

Gotta love my fiery commander personality.

“Theft of highly classified military documents detected. All foreign visitors and diplomats must remain inside city limits at all times. Citywide lockdown in progress.”

“Oh, CRAP! Ore! Summer! Orph! We’re out of here! NOW!” Immediately, alarms begin to blare, and sirens ring with shrill frequencies, the city entering its High Alert phase.

Wasting no time, I punch out the window, and drag me and the others out the window, and into the city streets below. Everyone was gone, in buildings. Except for, of course, the thousands of soldiers that were rushing through the streets. Any minute, and they’d be on top of us.

“This way! We got to get out of here before we get in serious trouble!” I yell, and we bolt for the city gates, not before over a thousand Redhawk Special Forces, also known as C.A.T.s, or Critical Assault Troops, poured out of the various side streets and alleys.

“Freeze!” Many of them shout, and lower their weapons at us, thousands of Phazer gun barrels pointed straight at us.

“Set your weapons to stun mode! We do not want to kill them! I repeat! Do not kill them!” Well, that wasn’t going to do.

“Guys! Come on, let’s get out of here!!” I scream, and we run, probably faster than we’ve ever done before, with the C.A.T.s right behind us.

Perfect… I can feel the hatred in their hearts… the tension mounting in their lands… it’s just as I planned… soon this cursed seal will be weakened, and I shall rise again!

My followers are even now prying at the seal, with their mortal spells, perhaps only a week is left… before I can make my move.

And then, I, Ramok, will destroy EVERYTHING.