06

↠ c a l u m ↠

"XO, Q."

"Who does she think she is, Gossip Girl?"

"No, that's two XO's. XOXO."

She shoots me a glance, a look of amusement upon her face. "How would you know that?"

I feel a blush creep onto my cheeks. Yes, I've watched the damn show before, maybe like one or two episodes in the first season. I mean, all the girls in that show are hot. Like, Taylor Momsen? And the fact that she's in a punk band now makes it even better.

"...I have a sister. She watches it." I reply, keeping my cool. Not going to let her know that I've watched it before, I'll keep that bit to myself.

"Okay, sure."

I reread the note from Quinn, fidgeting with it in my hands. God, this girl is insane. She wants us to graffiti? And she told Ashton that we're not doing anything illegal. I bet he's probably freaking out right about this time. Poor kid.

"So what should we put as our 'team name?'" Ayu questions, as I stuff the note into my back pocket. She sits with her legs against the wall, looking up at the ceiling. That isn't the first thing that I'm wondering, though. First: how the hell are we going to do without getting caught. Second: how the hell are we going to do this without getting caught. And third: how the hell are we going to fucking do this without getting caught and getting our asses sent to prison.

I swear to God she's reading my mind because she says, "Don't worry, Calum. Quinn can get us out of anything, and she's especially the best at getting people out of anything that's illegal." She taps a beat against the lockers with her Docs. "How do you know that?" I ask, sitting down next to her and putting my feet up against the wall of lockers, matching her current position.

"I don't know, but I just feel like she has the magic power where she can get people out of trouble. Like, I bet you that Hagrid will show up at her doorstep one day and say, 'You're a wizard, Quinn!'"

I snort. "And then what, she'll go off to Hogwarts and stir up all sorts of trouble there?"

Ayu shrugs, and replies, "Eighth Harry Potter book could be based all around Quinn, I can see it already."

I just chuckle, still looking at the ceiling and my feet covered by my Vans against the locker. "Well, one thing we know for sure: if she went to Hogwarts, she'd be a Slytherin."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," She replies, looking in my direction. I guess I did kind of say it like it was a bad thing; I mean in the movies and books they kinda portrayed all the Slytherin kids as asshats. "I mean, maybe you'd be Slytherin, as well."

I smirked, shaking my head. "I've always thought I was a man of Gryffindor, myself." She just shakes her head and grins. "See, that's what I hate. Just because all the good guys of Harry Potter were on Gryffindor, now everyone's on freaking Gryffindor. But, honestly, half of the human population would be Slytherin as wizards."

I like how she thinks, it's different. And not a bad different either. Not, like, a Quinn way of thinking. I bet Quinn's thoughts are just: sexvodkarevengeweedmoresexparties and God knows what else. I honestly don't want to know what goes through her mind, or how she gets half the ideas she does. I mean, her creative mind is why I'm sitting here about to graffiti my school.

Suddenly, Ayu jumps out of her position and I flinch since I wasn't expecting her to move. I knit my eyebrows as she stands up and grabs the spray paint. She shakes it, grinning, moving around to find a spot on the wall suitable for graffiti. "I know what to do," She says, and I wait to see what she has in mind. I stand up as well, stuffing my hands into my pockets.