Chapter 5

No day should end with you screaming at someone your trying to be friends with.  I had bent down to get my books after giving Malfoy his books, and he chucked one at my head.  My HEAD! You could imagine my anger, i turned around clutching the book.  I didn't show angry i was, well not yet.  Malfoy started howling with laughter, clutching his stomach.

"You think this is funny?  This is not a bloody bludger Malfoy!" i growled.  Slowly, i put the book down and gathered my books.  He stopped laughing, surprised how i had taken it.  A smirk appeared on his face.  He dipped his quill in ink, still smirking.  He continued to smirk until the very end.  I had written 3 pages, while Malfoy had only written one.  I frowned at his paper, and he looked at me, pouting.

"I tried my best," he said sticking his lip out, and giving me the puppy eyes.  I ripped the paper from his grip and stuffed it into his bag, turning to leave.  I started walking through the rows o books, with Draco following along.

"Where are you going Granger?" he asked playfully.

"Back to Gryffindor Common Room," i told him, turning around.  My face was completely blank, as he was annoying me.

"Well, you see i wrote something for you... its still drying, i hope you don't mind?" he asked.  A small genuine smile appeared.  For once, i believed him.  I smiled lightly, nodding.  Trying to hide his laughter while walking away, i got nervous.  Why was he laughing?  He appeared again, holding something behind him.  

"Here.  For the beautiful Gryffindor Princess," he said with a smiled.  I cocked my head, but i wish i hadn't.  It had given him the perfect angle to throw... ink in my face.  A strangled scream came from my mouth, and i heard a loud shush from the librarian.  The ink started dripping all over my shirt, pants, and in my hair.

"Malfoy!!! Oh my god you stupid git!" i screamed, holding my hands up, as i watched the ink drip into my bag.  Freaking out, i threw my bag on the ground, as Draco was cracking up.  I sat on the ground, pulling my books out, shaking with anger.  All of a sudden, i gasped.  Ink covered Paint.  Malfoy, who was rolling around laughing on the ground, looked at the book.  He stopped.  His laughter disappeared as tears rolled down my face.  I loved this book.  It was the first romance book, or fictional book i have ever enjoyed.  Malfoy, still frozen, shook himself, and crawled over to the book.  He looked me in the eyes, and i nodded as he took the book.  All the pages were covered in dark black ink.  He flipped through ever pages, getting more angry as he flipped through the entire book.  He slammed the book on the ground and screamed out a loud inappropriate word.

"Draco!" i hissed.  He looked at me, his anger slowly fading away.

"This is all my fault..." he whispered.

"Yeah," i snarled, grabbing the book.  Malfoy stared at me, as i stood up, as walked out of the library, apologizing to Madam Pince for all the noise.  She nodded, as i walked out of the library.

"Where were you?" I heard a a soft voice from behind me, a few minutes later.  I turned around, facing Luna.

"I was tutoring Malfoy.  Professor Cairns told me i had to boost my grades up," i told her.  I only half-lied to her.

"Are you sure thats what she was making you do?" Luna asked, stepping forward, pulling out her famous pink and purple glasses.  I froze, as she tilted her head.

"Wh-what do you mean?"  I asked.  We stood a few feet from each other.  This was so awkward... 

"You stuttered.  There's something else going on.  Your not very good at hiding things, Hermione.  I can help you," she suggested.  I felt pressured.