Looking through tears

Luna had skipped pudding. For anyone who even knew her a little, this meant there was something seriously wrong. In fact, it wasn't that something was wrong. It was that something was not right. She had woken up, as always with a smile on her face, and had made her way dreamily through the mornings lessons but around the time when she was making her way to the great hall for her lunch, a cloud had descended. It was a murky cloud and it seemed to occasionally lash out with bolts of lightening. So much so, that by the time pudding had materialised in front of her, Luna had lost all desire to eat it.

So here she was, wandering the deserted corridors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry trying to shift the thunderstorm that seemed to be growing inside her head. She was just turning the corner heading towards Moaning Myrtle's bathroom when she finally reached the decision that she might have to go and see Madame Pomfrey. At first the storm had just been a kind of uncomfortable feeling, now she could actually hear the sound of raindrops hitting the floor and the wind as it gasped.

Luna glanced one final time at the window. As she expected, the sun was out in full throttle as if to emphasise the fact that Luna could not enjoy it. Shaking her head to try and rid herself of the noise, she sighed. Wrackspurts were clearly having a good time inside her head. Suddenly she stopped mid shake, her head cocked slightly to one side, causing her to look like a puppy waiting for a command from its master. The rain didn't sound like rain any more, it sounded more like... crying?

Hesitantly, her head still leaning to one side, Luna crept towards the sound and, laying her hand flat against the door, she pushed it open a crack. Pushing her eye towards the space, she gazed wonderingly at the scene before her. The storm she had heard was coming from a figure that was unmistakeably Draco Malfoy. His back was hunched as he leaned heavily on the wash basins, his body heaving as he gasped for air. Luna let out a gasp that sounded more like she was saying 'oh'. It was barely audible but it was enough for the Slytherin to turn around and search the bathroom fiercely with his eyes.

Although it was against her nature, Luna decided that she should let the cat be the only victim of curiosity and turned to leave. She didn't even feel the need to scream as she felt two strong hands, grip her arms and pull her back through the door she had just turned from.