Chapter 6

I believe this story is best on this site! Here's the link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11886910/1/Gankona-Unnachgiebig-Unità

Please leave plenty of reviews here and there too! ^_^

Disclaimer: I do not own any aspect of Hetalia. It belongs to Hidekaz Himaruya. I only own this and every other story I have.

—————————————————————————————————————

Japan and Germany stood there, mouths agape as they stared after their beloved. That little hint didn't help the two at all to their dismay. Just who could it be?

—————————————————————————————————————

"Ve~! Let's get on!"

The two nations had finally caught up to their fellow country, out of breath as they had to hike through many miles of terrain. Just how far and fast could Italy run?! Is that even a question? It's a wonder how the pair even knew where the brunet was, seeing how much farther ahead he was than them. Perhaps they had a built-in Italy radar. After all they've been through together over the decades, that would make sense. A lot of sense indeed.

The three had found themselves at the mouth of a large river which separated one half of Florence from the other, the pristine waters reflecting the ethereal city. The golden lights which lined its banks only added to its aesthetic beauty. A row of flat-bottomed boats which had their ends sticking up, a single oar present in each had caught the Italian's attention, the auburn eagerly pointing at one.

The raven rubbed his chin. "Are these gondolas, Italia-kun?"

"Sì! Sì!" The addressed sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. "Well actually, these are 'barchetti', Florentine-styled gondolas. 'Barchetto' is the singular form." He smiled. "The gondolas you are referring to are found mainly in Venetian canals, not here on the Arno."

Japan gasped, bowing deeply. "Sumimasen Italia-kun! Watashi wa sono machigatta o shutoku suru tame gomen'nasai!"

"Ah~! Nihon! Shinpai shinaide!" Italy cried as he leapt towards Japan, wrapping his arms around the shorter nation's frame. "Boku wa kesshite omae ni okotte imasen!" The hazel grabbed the onyx's head, forcing him to look up. "Saru mo ki kara ochiru!" The flush on the raven's face only intensified as the affectionate rubbed their cheeks together, smiling brightly. The use of his native language did not help matters. At. All. The bright beaming, innocent quirking of the head to the side solely sealed the deal. "Wakaru?"

Seriously, how did Japan not suddenly die of cardiac arrest? It's a mystery the world may never know. "...H-Hai I-Italia-k-kun!"

"Ahem." Moment ruined. The raven's expression hardened in an instant the very moment he detected the largest's glare attempting to burn holes into him, returning his own with equal fervor as the red immediately faded from his cheeks. The blond had cringed at every Japanese syllable that left the Italian's mouth. Envy personified could not have exhibited more jealousy at that moment; Italy would not be able to do that with him as the brunet did not know a lick of German. His beloved touching him so affectionately only added insult to injury. A scathing insult to a festering injury. The blond's fists twitched at his sides. Oh how they longed to pound a certain Japanese's face in. Judging by the identical twitching in the shorter nation's own fists, the Asian wanted to do the exact same. Uh oh. The rivals were glowering at each other more heatedly than ever before...

The brunet sighed, drawing the contesting pair's attention back to him as he crossed his arms. "Nanda kore wa Doitsu?" Flinch. Smirk. Glare.

"You should switch back to either English or Italian, Italia-kun. Doitsu-san can't speak nor understand Japanese like we can." The smug look on the raven's face did nothing to abate the German's rage. At. All.