Chapter One

Evan now stood at the bus stop. He fidgeted slightly with his fingers. Taking the bus made him nervous. All the possibilities of missing his stop or stopping at the wrong place or arriving late. But right now there was no set time to be there, he just really wanted to be early.

Connor had called asking if he wanted to join him for dinner at some fancy restaurant his father, Larry Murphy, had invested in. Evan couldn't turn down the offer to spend time with his boyfriend.

They had been dating for two years now and each time Evan saw Connor he fell in love all over again. He couldn't hide the small blush that painted his face when you thought of the lanky boy.

As Evan got onto the bus and paid, he went to sit down at the front so he could see where the bus was going. Of course he could afford a car but he refused to drive anywhere. He hated driving.

When the bus stopped he stood up and made his way out o the bus before looking up at Connor's apartment building. The Murphy's had made sure Connor was comfortable when he moved out. He always promised to move closer to Evan.

Evan's mother isn't rich so he had to work for his own money in order to move. He made sure she moved to a smaller house as well so she wouldn't have to pay so much for a two bedroom house if it was only her living there. She at first didn't want to leave the house of 16 years but she knew it was for the best.

As he opened the apartment doors he made a silent note to phone his mother later. He rode the elevator to Connor's floor before knocking. Within two seconds he heard shuffles, muttered cursing, then the door flew open with Connor massaging his toe.

Evan laughed softly. "Did you stub your toe?" He asked, walking inside as Connor opened the door more. He grinned slightly. "Nope." He lied, kissing Evan's cheek. "What kind of kiss is that?" Evan asked, leaning up to kiss his soft lips gently.

Connor grinned when he pulled away. "Do you want something to drink?" He asked. Evan shook his head. "No we're going out for dinner soon." He reminded, thinking Connor forgot.

"I know but what's dinner without a little ," Connor slowly backed up before doing jazz hands, "PAZASS."

"Take out the p-a-z and I'm sold." Evan joked, causing himself to blush. He wasn't really one for jokes like that but he saw an opportunity he had to take.

Connor chuckled. "Well are you ready to go to dinner?"

***

The restaurant itself was too fancy for Evan's taste.

The dimly lit room was filled with booths with red cushioning. All the wood was a dark cherry colour except the bar on the other side of the room.

Evan sat down across from Connor who looked excited to take his boyfriend out.  He gave Connor a small smile to show he was happy to be here with him.

Connor picked up his menu and stared flipping through it. Evan mimicked. Their hands unconsciously made their way over the table to intertwine with each other.

After a few moments they had ordered food and drinks and Connor was babbling off about his father wanting him to take over Murphy Corp.

Evan bit his lip slightly. "I mean, if you don't want it why not give it to Zoe?" He asked with a small frown.

Connor scoffed. "My dad isn't clever enough to remember he has another kid." He said, raising his wine glass to his lips. Evan loved his lips.

"Have you tried talking to him?" He asked.

"Have you ever tried talking to my dad? It's like talking to a brick wall." Connor said with a small huff.

Evan smiled weakly before bringing Connor's knuckles to his lips. "I'm sorry you have to deal with that." He said softly.

Connor simply shook his head. "Don't be sorry. Anyway, enough about me. How was your day?" He asked.

Evan explained his day. He had work which was at Home Depot. He worked around the plant section in the summers. Nothing interesting ever happened there except the occasional plant falling over and some tears being shed for the plants that mysteriously died.

"Is that one dude still being a creep to you?" Connor asked with a raised eyebrow.

Evan laughed softly. "He got fired, Con." He reminded for the hundredth time.

Connor chuckled softly. "Right. Sorry." He said with a smile.

The rest of the night went on as normal as it did any day.

In the end, they ended up laying on the couch with Evan on top of Connor as they watched TV.

Evan looked up at Connor who looked down at him. Connor kissed Evan gently while closing his eyes.

"I love you." Connor whispered after breaking away.

"I love you too."