Love Never Lost

LOVE NEVER LOST

By. xxAbbyMarcelinexx

Jack was a twenty year old man. He had long black hair and radiant, blue eyes. He dressed in a suit; all black except for the white shirt he wore under his blazer. Jack had just graduated from college last month. Thus far, his life was the best it had ever been. He was done with school, his band was becoming popular, and he had a beautiful girlfriend, named Lydia.

Lydia had long, bleach blonde hair with black streaks, and she has amber eyes that seemed to glow in the candle light. She was perfect for Jack. They had never fought once, and they agreed on everything, no matter what. They were soul mates.

Tonight, Jack and Lydia had a dinner date and a movie to attend to. But, aside from the planned events that would happen this night, Jack had a surprise for Lydia. They had been together for six months, and he wanted to propose to her.

After their romantic date at the restaurant, they head off to the movie Theatre. As Jack drove, him and Lydia joined hands, and looked into each others’ eyes.

“I love you,” he whispered.

Lydia smiled, and kissed him on the cheek, then looking to the road again. Then suddenly, Lydia noticed that they were driving on the wrong side of the road, and there was a truck coming right at them.

“JACK--!!!” She screamed.

He looked forward. His eyes grew wide. And, in an instant, he threw himself over Lydia, and braced himself between the windshield and her. At that instant, the truck collided into the small car. The car twirled in the air, then hitting the ground with magnificent force.

The next thing they knew, Jack was over Lydia, pulling her out of the destroyed car, before him. She was free, and rolled onto her side. Blood trickled down her hair line to the wet pavement. Her vision went in and out of focus. She finally closed her eyes, and just listened to the world around her. She heard glass shift against the tar as Jack became free of the car’s hold. He slithered, and crawled weakly over to her side, facing her. His arm was wrapped around his torso, and he softly grunted when pain stung him. He slowly moved his other arm, and moved the hair from Lydia’s face to behind her hair, the blood making her hair plaster against her face.

Lydia opened her eyes, and looked into Jack’s. His hair was all over the place, the waves against his forehead and the pavement. He had a cut, with a stream of blood trickling down his cheek like rain.

“Baby...” He said weakly. Then, he took a small, maroon box out of his pocket. The cover of it fell off and something fell out of the box, making a metallic sound against the tar. She looked to the pavement, and there, she saw a smashed ring. It was no longer circular, making it impossible to be put on her finger.

“Baby,” he said again, “Marry me..”

A tear escaped from Lydia’s eye, and she slowly moved her hand to the ring. He picked it up before she could, then he placed it in her small hand. He cupped his hand around her’s, and closed her fingers around the ring.

“I will..” Lydia whispered, “I love you.”

He moved towards her, sliding slowly against the ground. He put one of his arms around her, and kissed her head. And at that moment, the night consumed the both of them. The last thing that they remembered was faint sirens coming from down the road.

His eyes shot open. He panicked when he realized there was a tube down his throat. The nurse rushed to his side, and took it out. He coughed and gagged, then yelled her name. “LYDIA!”

“LYDIA!” he yelled again.

“Sir, you have to calm down--!”

“Where is she?”

“Who?”

“LYDIA!”

He looked to his arms. There were IV’s and needles stuck into his skin. He pulled them out, and climbed out of the bed. He was dressed in pajama pants, his chest revealed. He looked around the room. Then suddenly, a pain stung his side again. He held his torso, again. His ribs were broken on his left side.

He tried to quickly search the rooms down the hallways of the hospital. He looked into every window and through every doorway. Then, he saw her. She lay in a bed, IV’s stabled into her arms. She was hooked up to a machine that kept her breathing, her chest going up and down when ever the machine pumped air into her lungs. A constant beep went off when the machine detected that she was still breathing.

He slowly walked into the small room, past the counter of the hospital floor. The nurse following him stopped, and watched him as he approached Lydia. He put his arm out, and tears began to pool in his eyes.

“Lyd--,” he couldn’t speak. He swallowed the cry that longed to escape his throat.

He looked down to the floor. Then, he looked to the ceiling, fear and sadness striking his face like a slap. “Please.. God, please save her.” he whispered.

Jack stayed by Lydia’s side. He has been there for maybe three days, now. He read to her, and sang her her favorite song. Then, at other times, he would cry, begging God to save her, and let her be okay. He would talk to her like she could hear him. He told her that if she woke up, that he would do anything for her, for the rest of their lives. He just needed her in his life.

It was two in the morning., Jack hadn’t slept a full night since the day before the car crash. He sat in the chair at her bedside, his elbows resting on his knees. He held his head in his hands, his fingers through his own hair. He closed his eyes, and just listened to the soft breaths that came from the bed. He looked up, and put his hand on her’s. When he did, he moved her hand, and saw the ring sitting in her palm.

His eyes were wide, and he slowly picked up the ring. He held it in his fingers. He stared at it for a few seconds, then he set it on the table beside him. He took the silver chain from his neck, and put the ring on it. He stood, and carefully put it around her neck. He kissed her forehead, and sat back down again. He sat there all night, once again. Every time the clock changed, he made the same wish; for her to wake up.

Then, at 11:11A.M., something happened.

For the first time in days, Jack fell asleep. He fell asleep on the couch next to the bed. But suddenly, a loud noise came from the bed. His eyes shot open, and there were nurses and a doctor crowding around the bed.

He tried to move past them, but they wouldn’t budge.

“JACK!” A voice screamed out, “JACK!”

Jack was in shock. He moved the nurses out of the way, and he finally got to her. She tried to get out of the bed, and to her feet, but she fell, Jack catching her before she hit the ground. He held her in his arms, ignoring the pain that stung his side.

“You’re alive,” she whispered, then kissing him.

He kissed her cheeks, head, lips and neck.

“Don’t let go,” she whispered in Jack’s ear.

“Never.”