Sapphire: The Mergirl with the Lost Memories

The sun began to rise over a coastal town near the beach. A young woman who looked like she was twenty nine years old was taking a walk on the beach. Her name was Faye and she had dark brunette hair, green eyes, freckles, and pale skin. She was wearing a tan t-shirt, jeans, and sandals while she was walking on the beach. She then saw something odd off in the distance. As she got closer, she saw that it was a young child that was just lying on the beach. Faye got closer to the child and saw that it was a girl child with light blue bobbed hair and she also noticed that the girl wasn't wearing a strip of clothing. She looked to be about six years old. What surprised Faye the most was the girl's light blue fish tail and her bracelet on her right arm. "That child's a real life mermaid" Faye said in disbelief. Faye then grabbed the girl's arm and examined her bracelet. She saw some symbols in a language that she had never seen before but also saw some numbers that were in the order five fourteen. Faye then noticed a rather large bruise on the girl's head. "What in the world could have happened to this little mergirl" Faye wondered. As she pondered this question, the mergirl's tail dried up and became a pair of legs. The girl then woke up and stared at Faye with her big blue eyes. "Hi there little one, can you tell me what happened to you" Faye asked. The girl sat up and stared blankly at Faye. "Can you at least tell me your name" Faye said. "Sapp-pyre, Sapp-pyre, Sapp-pyre......" the little girl repeated weakly. "Oh, do you mean Sapphire" Faye inquired. The girl simply nodded in a way that meant yes. "Can you tell me anything else about yourself?" Sapphire shook her head in a way that meant no. "How about that bruise on your head?" Sapphire had a pained look on her face as she touched her head. "C-c-can't remember" Sapphire responded. "What happened to your tail" Faye asked. "My.....tail" Sapphire answered slowly. "Wow, that head injury must have been serious." "She doesn't even remember being a mermaid" Faye thought to herself. "Tell you what little girl, how about I take care of you for a while" Faye said. Sapphire nodded yes to Faye's question. Sapphire tried to stand up but her legs were too weak and she fell back down. "Awww, looks like you're not used to walking on your legs yet" Faye said and giggled a bit. "How about I help you walk back to my house instead" Faye asked. Faye helped Sapphire up and the two headed back to her house.

When the two got back to Faye's house, Faye wrapped a blue towel around Sapphire. "Sorry, I don't have any clothes for girl children" Faye told Sapphire. "That's okay" Sapphire replied shyly. "We're going to go buy you some clothes and then take you to the doctor's office for a quick examination" Faye explained. "My name's Faye but you can call me Miss Faye for now" Faye added. Faye got some tools and measured Sapphire to see what size of clothes she could wear. After that, the pair left Faye's house and got into the car to head to a clothing shop near town. Sapphire was silent the whole car ride there. They went into the clothing store and Faye picked out a lot of blue and pink clothes to have Sapphire try on. Sapphire came out of the changing room wearing a blue t-shirt, a pink skirt, a pair of blue socks, and a pair white shoes. "Hey, you look cute in that outfit" Faye exclaimed. "Thanks Miss Faye" Sapphire answered. "You're welcome Sapphire!" "Now we need to take you to the doctor's office to get you examined and make sure you're healthy" Faye explained. Faye got on her cellphone and gave her doctor a call. "Hello, Doctor Cecilia speaking, how can I help you" Cecilia asked. "Hi Doctor Cecilia, I found a strange child on the beach that seems to have amnesia." "Can you give her a check up to make sure she's healthy" Faye inquired. "Certainly Faye" Cecilia answered. "When do you want to give her a checkup" Cecilia asked. "Today if it's possible" Faye replied. "I don't have any other appointments today and this seems urgent so come on over as soon as you can." "I'll let the receptionists at the front desk know you're coming" Cecilia finished. "Thank you Doctor Cecilia." "I'll see you in about twenty to thirty minutes" Faye said. "Alright, I look forward to seeing this girl you found on the beach." "Goodbye" Cecilia said and hung up. Faye looked at Sapphire and noticed her stomach rumbling. "Hey, you hungry" Faye asked. Sapphire just nodded at Faye. "Alright then, let's get you something to eat before heading to the doctor's office" Faye said. The two of them left the clothing store and got into Faye's car. Faye drove by slowly and Sapphire saw a seafood place with a large fish sign on top of it and pointed at it. "You want something to eat from Toby's seafood place" Faye asked. "Yes please" Sapphire answered. The two of them parked at Toby's seafood place, got out of Faye's car, and went into the seafood place. Faye and Sapphire went up to the counter to order some seafood. "So, what tickles your fancy Sapphire" Faye asked. "I'm not sure...." Sapphire responded. "How about this one?" "This dish is popular with a lot of children, even those who don't like seafood all that much" Faye explained and pointed at the popcorn shrimp basket. "I'll take that one then please" Sapphire said. "What would you like to drink" Faye asked. "I'll have a bottle of water to drink" Sapphire replied. "Sounds good to me" Faye said. Faye ordered the popcorn shrimp basket and a bottle of water for Sapphire while she got a meal of breaded fish for herself. The two of them left Toby's seafood place and went into Faye's car to eat their meals. At first Sapphire stared blankly at one of the shrimps she was holding. She then put it into her mouth and was taken aback at how delicious it was. Sapphire then proceeded to eat all of her popcorn shrimp. "You certainly liked that didn't you?" "I told you that you'd like it" Faye said. "It was a delicious meal." "Thank you for buying that for me" Sapphire told Faye as she looked at her joyfully. "You're welcome Sapphire." "I'll get that for you whenever we're in town." "I can also make some really tasty seafood treats at home" Faye finished. "That would be wonderful" Sapphire replied. "I really like seafood for some odd reason" Sapphire said. "Then I'll make you a lot of seafood while you stay with me" Faye said. Faye left the parking lot of Toby's seafood place and drove off to the doctor's office to give Sapphire an examination.