Battle Instincts

"Alex I'm back, you ready for super awesome Sisters Night?"Kara asked, shutting the door to her apartment behind her. That's weird, the lights are off,she thought."I got ice-cream!"she yelled as she turned around, flicking the light switch on.

Some blonde. Pinning Alex to the wall. Kara runs on instinct and punches the blonde straight in the jaw, hard enough she heard a crack."Oh my god Kara what the hell?!"Alex yelled, crouching next to the woman groaning in pain on the floor."A thank you would be nice, I did save you"Kara grumbled

"Save me?!Kara she wasn't hurting me we were making out!"Alex grunted in frustration."It's Sara Lance."

"Oh. Oh god okay."She knelt down to examine Sara."I think I broke her jaw. Scratch that x-ray vision confirms I definitely broke her jaw. Grab onto me I'll fly us to the DEO"

20 Minutes Later
"I love you, you're going to be fine in a few days, k?" Alex whispered to a sleeping Sara, who had to have her jaw wired shut for it to heal thanks to Kara.
"I'm sorry Alex I didn't mean to...."Kara trailed off."Nearly kill my girlfriend?!Well you did so.."Alex grumbled."Since when are you two a thing? You didn't mention you guys were dating."Kara said,desperately trying to change the subject.

"Well.....I may or may not have spent 2 months on the Waverider and then returned to 2 hours after I left..."."WAIT WHAT. So you've had a girlfriend for two months and you didn't tell me? You also didn't tell me you were gone for two months??"Kara yelled."I'm sorry it's just she invited me for a visit and once I got there I realised, the only thing stopping us was that we couldn't get to each other. So we decided to...redo what happened before except....sober this time for more....vivid memories."Alex blushed deeply at each word.

Suddenly, Alex heard a loud crash from Sara's "room". Alex bolted in to find Sara in a panic, clawing at her mouth, desperately trying to free herself from the brace.
"Shh,shh babe come here. You're okay, You're fine,shhh."Alex whispered softly, pressing her forehead against Sara's, giving Sara a minute to breath.

After a moment, she sat down and looked at Alex like 'What happened?'."Kara decided that seeing as how you were "obviously" an attacker that she should punch you full force in the jaw. Are you feeling okay?" Alex asked.

Sara made a scribbling motion with her hand so Alex handed her a pen and pad. She wrote four words. Fuck you too Kara, accompanied with her flipping Kara off."Lovely, you're not upset ?"Alex spoke softly and sweetly, like she was speaking to a little bird.

More writing. Sara wrote 'Just upset I can't kiss you to make me feel better's. She then gave Alex a wire-filled smile, and they all laughed, even J'onn who found the idea of Supergirl punching out a civilian very disturbing. Sara was supposed to be let out tomorrow, but had to keep the brace on until the doctors okay'd taking it off.

A month later

Sara was standing in her and Alex's bedroom, screaming despite the brace tying her teeth together."I know baby, I know"Alex simply said, pulling her into a strong hug, letting her tears fall on her shoulder. All that could be heard now we're whimpers. As it turned out , Kara had hit Sara so hard they had to re fracture her jaw after it healed to put it back straight.

They had gotten two weeks into her second healing process, and Sara had broken down. She wouldn't go outside, Alex had to take time off because she wouldn't voluntarily feed herself , and she wouldn't let anyone but Alex do it for her.

Kara had offered to help but had a throwing star embedded in her forehead a second later. No-one was able to touch her. No-one except Alex. Alex was her rock. What she held onto. They both knew that. They both loved that. They held onto the idea that after this was over , they would both be stronger, and knew they were falling in love more and more each day.

Agent Canary-InstinctOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara