Unacompany Minor

CHAPTER ONE

You know how some people have never been on a plane? Well I ENVY them! I have flown so many times I have honestly lost count. This is because my parents are divorced and my mom (who I live with) and my step-dad are in New York City, but in the suburbs about 30 minutes away. My dad lives in L.A. I go there over the summer and on other breaks. He lives two minutes away from the city. I love when I get to see him. I also love acting, so his location is perfect! Anyway, it's the flights with my sister who is 16 that gets me bored. When we fly, we fly accompany minor. This basically means the crew is babysitting us, but they don't entertain us. So you sit there for three hours bored out of your mind unless the plane has tv's. My sister doesn't help. She jus looks in her pocket mirror and applies layer after layer of lipstick, mascara, and blush. I don't wear that much makeup. I only started because she forced me. She is actually really nice. She wants to be a fashion designer and she is fantastic. So sometimes we talk, but normally only in L.A.

I hear a voice, "Anna! Anna, wake up!"

I feel someone shaking me.

"Anna Wilson, do not make your sister miss her flight!"

I wake up and look at the clock. It reads 3:15 am. Then I glance up at my mom who is standing right above me. Then I remember, I have a flight today! I get to see my dad for the summer! Well, part of the summer. I jump out of bed and get ready. I put makeup on like my sister, Bella, taught me. I still haven't gotten the concept yet, but I'm close. Anyway, I am finally ready and Bella is downstairs waiting.

"Come on! We're going to be late!" She said, almost too enthusiastically. She always gets excited when we see dad because he is the CEO of Shell Oil, and he makes tons of money. So, we are kinda spoiled when we get there. She loves it there because we both have walk-in closets that you could fit half an Olympic sized swimming pool into. Anyway, we both get really excited when we go, but the plane ride, in the words of Bella, is "Eh." It is so long. We get to the airport and there are so many lines. The lines are long like they normally are in the morning. There is the check-in line, the security line, and the line, not to mention the long wait, to get on the plane. Then there is the part I hate the most. I have to say goodbye to my mom. My eyes start to water.

"It's okay," she says, "I'll see you soon." She strokes my hair and I hug her as tears roll down my cheeks. She hugs me harder because she will miss me too. Bella hugs her goodbye, but she doesn't cry. We board the plane and I get the window seat. I love the window seat, seeing the clouds and being up high. It calms me. I feel free up here. I can think clearly, but it doesn't take long before my ADHD kicks in and I am fidgeting. Once we land, we basically run down to baggage claim to see dad. We see him and we race each other to see who can get there first. Of course, I win. I am in track and I am in a generic t-shirt, jeans, and converse. My sister swearing high heels, designer jeans, and a fancy top.

"Dad!" We both scream as we run to him.

"Girls!" Dad says. We hug each other and do the normal "Hi," "How are you," and "Wow, you've grown."

"I have a surprise for you!" He says.

"What?!" Bella and I say at the same time, then laugh. When we were with our dad is normally when we get along. Bella just seems so relaxed down here. Maybe it's the heat. Well, we will never know.

"It's in the car, " Dad says with that dorky smile he always has on his face. We all walk to the car, these are the times feel like an actual family. As we are walking to the car, I notice my dad's fiance.

"Clare!" Bella and I yell together. Clare turns and looks at us. She is a pretty blond with blue eyes and is only taller than me when she wears her heels, which is always.

"Girls!" She exclaims, and we know that she's just as excited to see us.

"There's your surprise," Dad says, but he's so far away, it sounds like a mumble.

"I've missed you so much!" She says as she squeezes us so tight I can barely breath.

"Me too!" I say finally getting my breath back.

"Me three!" Bella announces.

At this point, Bella's smile makes it all the way across her face and her eyes sparkle like the night sky. Again, we are faced with the usual, "How have you been," and, "Oh my gawd, I absolutely love your shoes!" Well, that's our usual anyway.

"I have one more surprise," Dad said. "Clare and I both sold our houses and bought one together!"

Bella and my mouth dropped. We did not see this coming. We were used to being pampered here, but we immediately calmed down a bit when we turned into a nice neighborhood. Once we turned down the culdesac we knew which was ours. It was the gigantic three story house with freshly cut grass and an Olympic sized swimming pool in the back. Again, Bella and my jaws hit the ground.

"Welcome home!" Dad said.

Still dazed, I walked out of the car and grabbed my luggage. Like I needed it though. I had kept so many clothes with my dad in California.

"Clare's and my room is on the second floor," Dad said. "We gave you the third floor."

I could tell that my sister's heart just dropped. "You mean we have to share a room?!" She shrieked with surprise, disappointment and a hint of annoyance. Dad just laughed, "Of course not." Bella perked back up. "We split the top floor in two. You both still have big rooms," he said. "And they are fully decorated and the closets are completely filled with clothes I know you'll love that I picked out especially for you!" Clare piped in.

I forced a little smile. I was afraid that I might not love the clothes she picked out for me, because when it comes to casual and everything else, we normally have two different opinions.

"You can go in," Dad said. I looked up at Bella and we ran up the stairs. One had A on the door and one had B on it. I went in the one with A and Bella went into the one with the B.

I close my eyes and open the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Sorry if chapter one was long. I wanted to leave off at a cliff hanger but still let you get a feel for the book. Please please please read the second chapter! It should be out soon. I know that Anna might just meet someone. Hint hint hint. ;) I thought I would leave a quote I found,

"I would be dating someone, but guys from books have just set my standards too high."

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

~Undefined Girl <3**

***P.S. this is not my account, I am giving this to someone to put on their account so you can read it. Just to let you know, it may take a bit longer to update.***