Dear Chompy,

Dear Krista,

I am just another one of your fans here on Wattpad.

But no, I’m not just another one of ‘em.

I don’t make much sense. Actually, I do not make sense at all.

So, you must be wondering why I wrote this letter. I was wondering, too.

Oh wait. I remember. I only have one reason: YOU.

I have been on Wattpad since 2012. I’ve read a lot of stories, some are great, some are not that great, but they’re stories. No stories are bad, for me.

Today is May 17, 11:15 PM in the Philippines. And before I go to sleep, I thought why shouldn’t I write a thank you letter to you?

A few weeks ago, I came across one of your stories, Not All Blondes Do Backflips. I read it. But, it’s really weird that it was not the Prologue that got me hooked into it. It was actually the Author’s Warning.

Since I am one of the busiest teenagers in the world, it took me a matter of days before I finished the story up to your last update.

Lennon Simms, the apeshit-crazy-blonde-bitch, in NAB, was hilarious. Way beyond hilarious. But she was, at least, true. Brutally true, yes. But true. She’s not afraid to be herself. Fuck the world, she won’t give a damn.

And then, I got to read another one of your stories, Up in the Air. Sara Preston was the smartest girl in school. And she cared about her grades more than anything else. Obviously, the story was about her. It was a feel-good story. There was not a lot of drama in there but… the feels! Julian is just… I don’t know any word that could describe him

And then I read After and Before. And I cried. Not really, but, well, considering that my friends call me a heartless bitch, getting teary-eyed is kind of unbelievable.

Thank you, Krista.

I don’t know why I am thanking you but I just feel like I have to.

I have never written a thank you letter to anyone—other than for my parents, that is.

You are, by far, my most favorite author on Wattpad. There is just something about the way you write. And you write characters that are imperfect, annoying and real.

And another thing that I like about your stories is that you don’t focus on the romance, you focus on the development of the main character.

At this point, I now realized why I am writing this letter to you.

Sara, the smart, grade-conscious girl. Lennon, the crazy, cruelly honest bitch. And Joe, the guy who relives the past.

Combine all three of them and boom! That’s me!

Maybe I was not the smartest, but I was one of the kids who had the highest grades in class. I was kind of socially invisible like Sara.

And then there’s this Lennon inside of me that comes out when I’m really, really pissed. And then all hell break loose as I unleashed Lennon.

I, too, liked to take a glance at the past then ask myself: What happened? Just like Joe.

So, thank you, Chompy.

I know you’re a Filipino. And I am so proud that you are, because I am a Filipino , too.

I hope I am not just your fan. But your fran—friend and fan.

So, this letter sucks, I know. But who the fuck gives a shit, right?

I just want to thank you.

Thank you a lot. And that’s saying something because I’m not the appreciative kind of pereson.

I don’t know how to end this letter so I’m just going to be gone like POOF!

Yours,

Someone from Wattpad who’s called mykessimum