Suddenly

It had happened quickly. First, no mention of her, as though she didn't exist, as it should be. To everyone but her and Kara, she didn't exist. Even Alex's memories of their time together had become just that , bittersweet memories , faded into black and white, things that could've been if Alex had been brave and admitted her feelings.

After she hadn't taken everyone's advice and gotten back together with Maggie, she was happy. She had her girl. But they both couldn't ignore the reason why they broke up in the first place. After one too many arguments, Maggie just left National City. No letter, no explanation. Nobody knew if she was even okay, but Alex knew better than to look for her.

                        In the space of 6 months , Alex's world had changed completely, she was alone. She stopped dating , even though Kara nearly dragged her out the door on a few occasions. She missed her chance with the woman of her dreams, now she was left alone.If she was happy , she buried herself in her work. If she was sad, she buried herself in her work. Nothing changed, life was the good old boring routine , ever the same.

This had gone on for a full year, so much so even Kara wasn't optimistic for Alex's chances of being, well Alex again.It all changed in the space of a day. One day , one person could change Alex's life completely. If Kara had known it sooner she would've made Alex go to Earth 1 a long time ago , but maybe it was better this way. Maybe it was good that love came to them , even in the form of Earth X Alex.

Alex's POV

"Hey Kara do you know where my phone is ?!" I yelled down the hall. We decided to spend the afternoon together, Kara's way of saying 'sorry I made you move in down the hall from me'.               Dang I love her to bits but she is really annoying sometimes, especially right now."No...." was the only answer I got. She's lying, I can tell . She's doing her lying voice where all the vowels are dragged out and the others are really short. I stomped down the hall, to find her in her apartment, staring in shock at my phone screen.                                                                                                     "KARA!" I yelled."You might wanna see this......"she handed me the phone. What could be so important, it's just a stupid missed call.......oh my god.Oh my god. Sara lance tried to call me. My nightmares have come true.                                                                                                     "KARA WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER"Facetime or call?. Call is more professional, but I really would like to see her.....wait , what am I saying, I'll Facetime her because....well.... it's just better. Stop thinking Alex , press the button. The Facetime started. She picked up. Oh god.

"Hey Alex! I'm really glad you called me back. Nice to see you".She beamed at me, a special Sara Lance smile that gave me butterflies and made me want to dimension hop just to see her. Sure I hadn't been to anxious to hear what happened between us at the time, but now I wish I had have  seen where it could've gone.                                                                                                                          "Earth 1 to Alex?"I was staring, and spaced out. God , kill me now."Yeah, what's the problem?"I asked casually. Good job , you got it out, sounded pretty smooth."This". She turned the camera, and looking back at me, was me.