Don't Be The Bully

For my whole life bullying was a thing. Being shoved on closets and locked in the basement with the lights off by my brother and cousin. Then kindergarten came. Mean girls excluding and never being able to play,pushing me in the deep end of the pool and laughing as I fought to stay up. Grade one there was no room for me to have fun. In grade two I wasn't pretty, I wasn't fun I was too good. In grade three I wasn't cool my whole class signed a petition to get rid of me just because I was bossy. In grade three I met the boy who I thought I loved and I thought loved me, but he ruined me. But in grade four it was like it was all over, what that boy left behind was a meaner version of me. The worst thing was I became the bully I wanted to take revenge. Calling people fat and ugly didn't make a change. I still felt the same way. Broken and scared. I felt as alone as ever. I still didn't have friends. I had lost the ones I thought I didn't have. Then came anger and crying and running away. I thought there was no way I would ever stay. Locking my self in my room barely talking to my family. Snapping out at my mother and blaming who wasn't to blame. Giving up on music and everything I could do.

It happened to me it could also happen to you.

I fought past the bullying even today. I just brush it off my shoulder telling myself I'll be okay. That doesn't mean I can't have a cry. There are still the days when I remember it all. But it was the past and this is the future it cant hurt me anymore. Those people are left behind. Almost as if they were put in boxes. Like a vault in my mind. Now all I can do is live my life.