Part 3

Roughly half a year later…

TIGER LILY'S POV

"Tiger Lily, PLEASE! You have to tell me! Tink won't say anything to me!" Peter begged. He came her nearly everyday, searching for Wendy, but he always managed to miss her by an hour or so. the longer he searched for her, the shorter his misses were. Today he only missed her by 5 minutes.

"Look, Peter, I can't!"

"Please! Just, tell me what times she usually comes here!" Peter continued begging. Maybe I should tell him. He has never once resorted to begging.

I sighed in defeat. "OK, she usually comes around lunch time. You only missed her by 5 minutes today." Peter stared at me in disbelief.

The next day...

Wendy smiled and waved at me as se detached herself from the forest, unaware of the fact that Peter and the Lost Boys were hiding in the tents behind me. Too man people confused her senses, but it wouldn't take her that long to figure out they were there.

A look of worry flashed over her face when I forced a smile. "Tiger Lily? Are you okay?" The worry that laced through her voice punched me in the stomach.

"I told him." I blurted. She froze.

"Told who?" I could she that she was trying to convince herself that I was only kidding.

Michael darted out of Nib's grasp like a minnow, and John followed him. "Please Wendy! Come back home!"

Wendy let a small, sad smile flicker across her lips, "No can do, bud."

All of the Lost Boys rushed at her then, Peter at the head. She took one look at them, shot me a forgiving glance, and spun and her heel and melted back into the treacherous, secretive trees. Peter flew after her.

I heard Peter calling Wendy's name, but knew she wouldn't go back. No matter how much she missed them. She was so scared of being hurt; she runs away from the wolves only to end up with the lions.

Peter came back to the camp and stayed with us for a week, heartbroken, waiting in earnest for Wendy to come back.

She didn't.

Another 6 months later...

Wendy's POV

I bounded through the trees effortlessly. I must admit, the Lost Boys and Peter had been rather persistent about searching for me. I've escaped them like, 50 times by now. I still talk to Tiger Lily and Tink because I know that even though they reported our conversations to Peter, and he knew I thought he didn't love me even though he still chased me, it wouldn't help him find me. After all, a few months after I ran away, the tribe had awarded me with the title of 'Princess Wendy-bird' for my great hunting skills and ability to 'fly over the ground'. Funny that they chose the name that Tink gave me.

They gifted me with a beautiful wicker crown with downy feathers and shells woven in. Some of the feathers were white and soft; others were shades of blue and green. The grey feathers trailed down the down of the crown and made it look as though I had feathers in my hair. I loved it.

"Wendy!" I heard the far off cries of Peter and the Lost Boys. A pang of guilt rippled throughout my body, but I couldn't go back now. It had been too long…

"Mother!" A shout came from below me. I had been too lost in my thoughts to notice Nibs standing at the base of my tree. I held a finger to my lips urgently. I couldn't be found! How could I face Peter now after running and hiding for over a year? Nibs looked conflicted for a split second, then mouthed to me 'Sorry' and screamed at the top of his lungs, "I FOUND HER!"