Chapter 3

"You ready?" Dad asked me as I loaded my bag into the boot of the car. I nodded at him and quickly told him that Lucas was tagging along with us.

"You sure about that? I don't think the alpha will like that a bloodsucker is transpassing," he says and I gasp at the word he has used.

"Dad, don't call him that. He's my best friend, you know," I scold my dad and he laughs at my childishness.

"Whatever you say, darling," Dad raises his hands in surrender and comes to me, giving me a kiss on the forehead,"but I still think your friend is a bit of a d**k."

"Dad!" I whine in embarrassment in face palm myself. Parents should never swear 'cause it just doesn't feel right coming out of their mouths.

"Language, Harry," my mom said as she loaded some bags into the boot and walked towards dad, wrapping an arm around his waist and leaning into him.

"Sorry, sweety," he kissed my mom's forehead and led her towards the car.

It is very offensive to call a vampire a bloodsucker. And for that matter, not all vampires are... you know... that.

Five minutes later and Lucas has arrived at our place by walking. His house was not far from the orphanage nor is my house.

"Hey, Lucas," I say and give him a bear hug.

"I still can't believe you're coming with me," I say.

"I can't believe I'm about to get killed. I don't have a funeral policy yet," he say like a drama queen.

"Oh, Lucas. You're so funny." I say sarcastically, trying to keep a straight face, but I couldn't resist the smirk that appeared on my face.

"Yeah. And you luuurvvve me that much that you're gonna protect me?"
I hold his face in my hands and look at him.

"Yes, Lucas. When I said I was going to protect you, I really meant it Lucas. If they want to kill you they'll have to go through me first," I say seriously and lock my eyes with his, signalling him that I'm dead serious.

I continue to look into his eyes. Getting lost in them for a couple of minutes. I blink and step away from Lucas, due to the fact that our bodies were so close to each other.

He was also in a case and he quickly shook it off. Going back to his usual self.

"So, are the children on their way?" I ask trying to dissolve the tension that has risen in the air.

A loud honk! behind me answers my question as I see Arielle arriving with the children in the orphanage's bus. I smile when I see the childrens cute little faces. So adorable.

"Will you love birds keep staring at each other like that it will you hurry so we can leave," mom jokes and I can't keep myself from blushing.

She's always wished that Lucas was mate, but that's impossible as a vampire and a werewolf mating is forbidden.

"Scoot over," I say as I hang back with Lucas while my parents are both at the front.

Both my parent's car and the bus begin to head to the island.

●●●●●●●●●

The journey is long, tiring and super boring. I was talking to Lucas along the way but he fell asleep, drooling and snoring heavily in the process.

Being the mischevious me, I snap several photos of him. It's so gonna come in handy at some point.

I stare in boredom as more trees appear along the way. We are about make it to the island.

Nirvana Island. My homeland. Nirvana Island is a really big island, well it used to be when all supernatural beings lived together in harmony. Until the deadliest war in history forced the groups to spread, thus causing the island to tear apart. Now in Nirvana Island, each supernatural being has its own territory. And no one dares to cross any of the others territory.

"We've made it," mom squealed happily.

I stared at the huge symbol of our pack, the Moon Blood Pack. A wolf filled with pride staring straight forward along with the Moon behind it.

A shiver ran through my body leaving me uncomfortable. How can I call a pack that has killed mercilessly and is ruled by a fierce alpha, my home.

We got into the huge gates of the pack house. after dad talked to the guard by the gate.

I gazed in awe as I watched the huge pack house unfold before me.

The scene of many low ranking omega  lying on the floor in a poor state raises the fury in me. The reason why I never wanted too return. All the pain I've experienced is unbearable. Now seeing that others are suffering as well. It leaves me devastated. This injustice has to be solved soon.

Never in the world would I have ever thought that I would be here again.