Chapter One: The Night that Started it All

I'm not one really big on these notes before the chapter, but I just wanted y'all to know that I am working hard trying to rewrite the story. Hopefully whole will be filled and dots will be connected! I am not amazing at spelling and grammar so please don't hate! I do this for fun and I don't want to worry about the pressure of trying to make everything perfect. Thank you!
(: Jamie :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night that started it all. That is such an exaggerated phrase, but it is true. Before that night, I lived a normal life or as normal as any life an eighteen year old could be. After that night, my life and view on the world was flipped upside down through hoops and I don't think it will ever stand upright again.

I was hiking through the woods. The woods have always calmed me down. The calming atmosphere dragged me into a wholesome mood. The smell of the wood. The sound of leaves blowing in the wind. The light breaking through the tree branches. All of a sudden, a pain strikes my stomach. I hunched over into a ball hoping for it to pass, but it only got worse. Gradually, I laid on the ground. At this point, the pain spread to the lest of my body. Screaming out in pain, my bones started breaking. As each bone snapped, my screams became even louder. Unfortunately, I was away from civilizations no one could here my pleas for help. Hastily reaching into my pocket, I pulled out my phone but I was unable to call 911 nor my parents. My hands are now snapping and bending at odd shapes. I can feel pressure building up in my back as I made a final scream when my back snaps. The pain became too unbearable that the last thing I remember was darkness consuming my mind and vision.

When I awoke, the sun was setting. I was still lying on the earthy ground, but my senses were much sharper. I could point out the veins within the tree bark. I could hear the heartbeat of small animals around me. I could smell the berries 10 feet away from me. I try to stand, but I am only restricted to stand in a crawling position. When I look down to inspect my arms, I am left shocked. Not only has my arm hair grown tremendously, but my hair is a platinum white color and I am on all fours. I must be dreaming, I say to myself. I slowly creep over to a lake that I located with my new sense of hearing. It took a while, because walking on four legs is a lot more confusing than you think it is. What I see in my reflection appears to be an overgrown white husky. The ominous eyes are grey. This can't be me. I'm not a dog!

No you are not. You are a werewolf and I am your wolf, a voice in my head echoes.

Who are you and how are you in my head? I question. I must be going crazy! Who put crazy meds in my food! I need to talk to my mom. She will believe that I'm not crazy, right?

I am Star and, as I said before, I am your wolf, she replied back.

Okayyyyyy, but that doesn't explain why you're in my head, I ask again.

I am your instinct and guide. We are practically one, she explains.

Okayyyy, I reply. I'm still thinking that I'm either dreaming or on drugs.

The only thing the Moon Goddess allowed me to tell you is that you are special. You are a white wolf and to not tell anyone or you will be in danger, Star informs me.

Who is this Moon Goddess?

She is the one that creates us werewolves and pairs us with our soulmates!

Wow, she must have a lot on her boring pate.

Don't ever offend the Moon Goddess!

Okay! Okay! Sorry! How do I change back?

Quite simply actually. Just imagine yourself as human and you will transform. Star guides me.

As I picture myself in human form, I can feel my bones snapping and reshaping. It is not as painful as before, but still uncomfortable. Little did I know that I shredded my clothes when I first shifted. Luckily, I always bag a second set of clothes whenever I go hiking. As I change, I head back in the direction of my home to talk to my parents.

When I am about a couple minutes away from my house, Star starts feeling antsy. Something doesn't feel right, she tells me. Sure enough, when I peek around the bushes, the front door was wide open and I can hear furniture crashing.

People are fighting inside! Star yells at me. Get in there!

I run inside as ordered and find cabinets are crashed, lamps shattered, and picture frames thrown across the room. I hear a crash to my right and I run into the dining room. My dad stabs a tall bulky guy in the side and another guy tackles my dad. I rush quickly and tackle the guy that tackled my dad. He lands on his back and I throw a punch at his face. He is wearing a ski mask, so the only thing I see are vibrant violet eyes. I will never forget the way they looked at me like he found some thousand year old hidden treasure.

"Faith! What are you doing? Run!" I hear my dad scream behind me.

I made the mistake of looking up at my dad that continued to fight the guy that he stabbed. The guy I pinned down punched me in my side and knocked me over. He grabbed his knife from his belt and aimed it for me. As quickly as I could, I grabbed the closest thing to me, which happened to be a plate, and smashed it against his head. He fell over and I ran to where I heard my mom screaming. She was in the living room fighting another guy. All three of these guys were wearing ski masks, so I could only see their eyes. Before I could react, Violet Eyes grabbed my ankle and knocked me down. In the process, I hit my head and it started to bleed. Thinking quickly, I grabbed a fork off the ground, turn around, and stab the guy in his right eye. He lets me go screaming bloody murder and I scramble off the floor.

My mom turns around and screams for me to run and I do exactly that. I rush out the door and run as quickly as I could. I regret leaving them behind, but a part told me that it played out like it was supposed to. Like it was fate or something. I ran as far as my legs physically could until I break down in the middle of the woods. I lie against a tree only to think about how my life got to this point. I think about going to the police, but a gut instinct told me that they wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

It probably has to do with being a white wolf, Star murmurs. For the first time since I first me Star, she is humble unspoken.

That means they must know what I am, right? I ask Star wearily, but she leaves me without an answer.

There is always a time when you question your existence in the world around you? Why am I here? What is my purpose? Why me and not someone else? Why must this happen to me? These were the questions that where flowing through my head as I sat under that tree until the lights of the sun glimmered through the trees. Star hasn't made an appearance since last night and I numb emotionally and physically. I was planning on going back home, but I didn't know what I would find. I guess the only thing I can do is hope that it works in my favor. I slowly push myself up and steadily try to find my way back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading!
If you enjoyed it, please leave a vote.
Comment what you think I should elaborate more from the original story to make more sense in the new edition! It would really mean a lot to me and I appreciate the feedback! Thank you again!