Part 31

She started humming songs and listening to the sounds of the house. It was boring, yet quite valuable information. Meino had reported to the others. He had started complaining, but then he had stepped into a room and closed the door. That had muffled his words so much, that Eleeza couldn't understand them.

Later the three men had left, after giving orders to the one in the kitchen with the heavy steps. It seemed, as if this person was a kind of servant. They had told him or her that they would return for dinner and that he or she was forbidden to go up into the second floor. And the servant should not forget to give Lisa her lunch which made him or her snort. Then the three went down a corridor, opened a creaking door and most probably flew away, since there were no more steps. Eleeza really wondered how they could simply fly away, were they not afraid to be spotted by humans and maybe being shot at?

After their departure it got even more boring. The servant seemed to take a nap, because the heavy scuffled steps moved down a corridor and into some room.

The girl they kept captive like her, Eleeza assumed that she was Lisa, must to be bored as well. She seemed to read because else from the clinging of metal, she heard pages being turned. If she could just do any of those things. She pulled on the rope and regretted it the next moment. She explored the bed best she could and tried to put the pillows in the most comfortable way. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep. Around midday she heard a voice, a woman was singing downstairs. Eleeza listened up. The singing was nice, a human song she had heard in the city once. If this was the servant singing, she was definitely human, Eleeza guessed. She didn't believe that someone from the Otherworld would know this song.

When the birds started singing their songs for the night and the air got colder, Eleeza was sure that the servant was a woman who had either strange shoes or was very heavy. She had never heard anybody with such strangely heavy steps.

Eventually she heard voices from outside and a minute later one door opened. Lenrio and Nioru entered and chatted about the success of the day, they seemed to have found some silver. If Meino accompanied them, he was very quiet. They got their dinner and Meino finally walked up the stairs.

Eleeza hoped he would attend to her, she wasn't only hungry but badly needed to go to the toilet. But he climbed only first floor and went into Lisa's room. She realised now, what reason the captivity of Lisa had. She pressed several pillows over her ears to muffle the sounds they produced. She didn't sleep in the night, but refilled her strength with the help of the moon whose light entered the room. She enjoyed the brightness it sparked and eventually fell asleep.

The birds woke her the next morning. She lounged in the comfortable beddings of the new bed and tried to find out if the others were awake as well. Only the clunk of the servant's steps was audible, the rest seemed still asleep. She really hoped they would let her eat today. She didn't truly need it since she had fed on the moonlight, but her stomach complained and simply strength was not enough.

It took some time, but after the guys had taken their food and chatted a while, she finally heard Lenrio tell the servant in broken words: "Cathryn, prepare again tray for Lady. Meino take it upstairs."

So she would get food today, she smiled. And Meino was the simplest to handle of the three men. Again, it took some time, but then Meino finally came up to her.

"Good morning, Milady! I got you breakfast. Here, I will put it on the bed in front of you." In his voice was no trace of anger, he sounded sincerely.

"Thank you!", Eleeza answered. And then she added: "I am sorry about yesterday, I really don't know what happened."

"Yes, well. We will talk about that in your lesson later. But don't worry, I have taken no offense."
She smiled unsurely and puzzled.