Chapter Twleve

I was in a state of shock. I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. My night meres were coming true, again. I was being sent back to the games for the third time. This time, there was no escape. We were going to die.

     I started hyperventilating. I could feel sweat beginning to form on my forehead. I looked around the room frantically for any escape. My eyes found Peeta. He was hammering his fist on the table. Then his head started to shake in rage as he started yelling. He looked at me with murderous eyes. I knew instantly what was happening. His highacked instinct was sinking in once again.

        "What's this?" Paylor asked, smirking at Peeta.

       "I'll shut him up for you," Lithe insisted, walking towards him.

        "Don't!" I instructed angrily, giving him a deadly glare, "Stay away from him!"

       "Your not the boss of me!" he protested, and continued to close in on Peeta.

     An arm was placed in front of him, stopping him  from getting any closer. Paylor shook her head at him as she kept her back.

       "Save that for the Games," she insisted, "Right now I want to see what will happen if I let Peeta here, go see his Katniss."

     My eyes went wide at first but I tried not to show my fear. Surely if Peeta was released, he would come straight at me. He'd try to kill me.

       "I thought you were saving that for the Games?" I demanded.

       "If your not concerned then what's the problem?" she smirked wickedly.

     I didn't say anything. I straightened myself in my chair and kept my head high.

        "You know very well he'll hurt her! That's not your priority right now, Paylor. You know that," Haymitch said, slyly. He always knew how to get into people's heads.

       "I suppose your right. But I do like to have a little fun every once in a while," she clapped her hands in excitement.

       "He'll kill her! Then you won't have the Mockingjay for your Games!" Gale yelled in anger, trying to break free.

     Paylor ignored him and walked over to Peeta. She clicked a button at the back of his chair, setting him free. He immediately lunged at me from the side. His hands wrapped around my neck. I waited for pain in lungs like before. But it never came.

     His hand never left my neck but I could still breathe. It was like he was trying to kill me or he couldn't't. Then my hands were free from the chair.

     Peeta had clicked the button at the back of my chair. He was trying to save me.

       "Run down the table and unlock the others on the left. I'll take the right," he instructed me, whispering in my ear.

     I nodded and bolted out of my chair. Peeta hopped the table and ran down the left as I did the right of the table, clicking the buttons on the chairs as we went.

     Soon everyone was released before Paylor even knew what was happening. We had taken her by surprise.

       "Get 'em!" Lithe yelled. The careers lunged towards us, but this time we were just as prepared. No one had any weapons so we were about evenly matched.

     Gale stood in front of Lithe. They took a couple of swings at each other and soon it started. Everyone was in a fight. Peeta was fighting a skinner looking guy that resembled Marvel. I was fighting a dark haired girl. She didn't resemble any I knew at first. Then she smiled and evil grin and I knew who's sister she was. Clove.