Broken Bones (its good)

He slapped me across the face.

"Jack, I'm sorry." I said as I leaned against the wall. He kicked me in the stomach.

"Well, it doesn't matter now, does it?" He screamed at me. I was bleeding everywhere. My mouth, my knees, theres even a pretty good gush in my stomach.

"Get up!" he screamed at me. I tried my best to get up but my legs wouldn't budge.

"Please, no." I said to him. He threw a glass at me, that hit my elbow. I winced in pain.

"Stop it, Jack. Stop it." I said to him. He pulled me up and dragged me to his face.

"You were rude to my sister." he said to me. I shook my head. I wiped my tears, that now were pink because they were mixed with blood.

"I didn't mean to come off mean, Jack." He screamed at me.

"Just get in the freaking care." He said to me. I limped to the car and sat down. We rode in silence until he got to the Chik Fil A.

"What do you want?" He asked me, in a soft, beautiful tone. He smiled and took my hand. He always did this after we got in a ...fight. He says he's sorry and then buys me a milkshake. And sometimes, just sometimes, its good enough. But then theres times when Clarissa, my friend, catches on whats going on after I give her another excuse that i accidentally fell, and tells me I deserve better.

"Chocolate milkshake." I said to him, almost inaudible. He bought me a large and handed it to me. I whispered a thank you, and we rode around.

"So how was your day?" He asked me. Well, isn't that ironic... But being here, with someone I needed to surivive, was good enough.

"Good, fantastic. Mr. Bean told me I could get into honors next year." I said to him. He nodded, even though I could almost feel his heartbeart go up.

"Honors? But you wouldn't be with me." he said to me, in a demanding tone. I nodded.

"Maybe..Maybe I will stay, who knows." I said to him, trying to calm him down. He smiled.

"Thats my girl." he said to me, and I blushed. He handed me a napkin.

"Your bleeding." He said to me, almost as if he didn't know why. I dabbed my face lightly. He stopped at my house and took me to the door. I was just about to open it until my mom did and she gasped.

"Sweetheart, what happened?" She asked me. I hesitated, and Jack squeezed my waist painfully.

"I fell down the stairs." I said to her. I knew she wouldn't believe me. She never did, but she never says anything, because she knows I'm happy. She knows I need him.

More?