Chapter 1

Dear Diary,

I've just unpacked the last box now! It's official... I'm considered a legitimate resident of Beacon Hills... The move from Mystic Falls to here is a success... Yippee for me huh...

It's gone pretty good so far. I have to say... This place wasn't as bad as I thought it was... Well... at least according to Caroline's prediction of what she thought Beacon Hills might look like...

The town is pretty quiet and not much has happened since I moved into the new house with Aunt Jenna.

When we arrived in Beacon Hills for the first time, it looked like any other ordinary place you move to... Peaceful, yet a hint of distinctiveness in the local citizens faces... Didn't really have high expectations for this place...

Oh yeah! I also made my first friend in Beacon Hills today!

His name's Scott McCall.

Scott was decent-looking. He had soft, pale skin and his hair was a little outgrown with it also being curly as well. Scott looked like he was an athlete cause I could see his chest a little puffed out from his shirt. He was carrying a duffel bag and had a sport jersey on when I saw him so that just made me assume.

I met him when I was moving some stuff out of the Uhaul truck. I accidentally stepped on a rock and tripped while I was carrying a box of clothes.

Scott was about to go somewhere from the looks of it and when he saw me fall, he rushed to my help.

Concerned, he said "Hey, are you OK?"

I replied "Yeah it's OK. I'm fine. Thank you."

Scott was gathering the mess of clothes on the grass. He bundled it all up into a pile and stored it into my box.

"Thanks a lot." I said gratefully.

"Yeah, it's no problem. So... are you new here in town? I've never seen you before." he asked.

"Yeah, I just moved here. Still unpacking everything as you can see. Hehe." I giggled and pointed my hands toward the truck.

He laughed and said "I can see that... So where'd you come from?"

"Mystic Falls." I said. "You've probably never heard of it... It's... far away from here..."

He didn't have much of a reaction on his face except an "Oh, that's OK. It's cool"

I looked at his duffel bag next and aimed my eyes on it to show I was looking at it and asked "Um, you have someplace to be?"

He understood what I did and said "Yeah... I got to go pick up some equipment for a sport... First day of school's tomorrow...Beacon Hills High. You going there?"

First day... That was right... Aunt Jenna told me I'd be going there, starting tomorrow... I totally forgot...

"Yes! Oh! If you didn't remind me I would've forgot! Um... I never got your name." I said.

"Scott McCall. And you?" he asked.

"Elena. Elena Gilbert." I responded brightly.

Then he picked up his bag and left. He went inside a car and drove away from his house. I guess we're neighbors... huh.

Scott's a nice guy. I could tell that much from our conversation... He's that kind of guy who you can always joke around with all the time... I'd like to talk to him again...

What happened next was something I did not expect...

I got the box of clothes that Scott helped me collect and brought it into the house. After that I went back out to get more items. As I grabbed another box of essentials, I jumped off the back of the truck and my feet stuttered as I crashed. I dropped the box and I took a second to get it since it fell on the sidewalk.

When I latched my hands and arms to the box, I looked straight up and there it was...

I dropped my box in bewilderment as I spotted a guy staring at me...

... How could I describe it?

For some reason, the moment this guy made eye contact with me... I immediately had this feeling... of intimidation and... an ungodly beast...

Yet... In some way...

I couldn't think it was possible...

But...

I felt this strong... attraction to him...

I can't explain it... But... I couldn't shake the feeling off... What was it? I felt like my heart was clenching inside of me at the sight of him... My body was starting to heat up and make me weak at his features...

Handsome? That was one way to put it... No... Not handsome...

He was... exceedingly gorgeous... extremely good-looking... His hair was black and it was curved upward in a sexy bed hair style that made his forehead visible... He had a muscular physique with his abs and arms outlined in the black jacket he had on. That was mostly all he was wearing. Black jeans and black shirt too.

When I looked at him, I was vulnerable to this strange feeling, completely unrelated to nervousness...  What other words were there to describe this man?

Although he looked irresistible in my view, he gave away that firm stare that made everything about him go from dreamy to scary...

I stopped gazing at him to see that I had dropped my box again... I took my glance off of him and directed it at the box on the ground...

I desperately wanted to catch another look at him before I went inside but when I rounded my head to his direction...

He was already gone...

 Pic of Elena (Nina Dobrev) on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Worked really hard on this chapter!! I think I did a good job, if I must say so! ^.^

For VD fans, I hope I made Elena seem as real to you as she is! TW fans, I wonder if you can guess who that dark, mysterious stranger is...? ;) You'll find out next chapter so Vote and Comment for more!!