Despair in The Departure Lounge an Arctic Monkeys fanfiction.

The whole of Arctic Monkeys are sitting in the airport. They are in a private room designated for 'celebrities'. Normally, they wouldn't give a shit about having a private room and claim once again, that they are in no way celebrities.

But today is very different. Despite the sunglasses on their faces hiding their eyes and effectively their emotions, even a blind man could see the anxiousness and despair that the room held.

The four rock stars would normally be talking and laughing or strumming on their guitars, but today, the room is silent, no-one is speaking.

For probably the tenth time straight Alex Turner, the frontman of the band, finds himself, yet again, running his hand through his hair and placing another cigarette into his mouth. He is trying to hide his despair as he sits in the private departure lounge by smoking, fixing his hair and twisting his hands.

This however does the opposite, it's as clear as day that the rock star is upset.

A hand pats his back half-heartedly trying to reassurance him that everything is going to be okay. But Alex knows better than to believe the shit that Jamie is trying to offer him, because even Jamie doesn't believe himself.

He has screwed everything up. He has lost her. He has been a prick and hurt her.

Matt, Nick and Jamie are pissed off with him, that much he knows. He's pissed off with himself, he loves her but he hurt her. They love her like a sister and made him swear not to hurt her but he did. He really hurt her. Miles is probably pissed off with him too.

It will only be a matter of time before one of them shouts at him. He can see the disappointment and anger on their faces, he knows they know in a way that he is right in what he did, but they are still angry and disappointed. He hates that he made them feel this way about him.

Alex knows his fellow band mates like the back of his hand.

"What the fuck man?" Matt mumbles. "I told you not to hurt 'er."

Alex then takes off his sunglasses and rubs his eyes. It hurts to talk about her, it fills him up with a sense of longing and he aches for her.

He just really wants to hold her again.

"I know Matt, I know." The frontman replies before adding, "I just didn't want to hold 'er back, you know? I wanted 'er to have a normal life." He says as he runs his hand through his hair yet again.

He's pining for her now. He really, really wants her.

"I get it Al," Nick speaks up. "I get you wanted 'er to have a normal life without paparazzi and cameras. I just wish you didn't hurt 'er." The guitarist says before slouching in his chair and bringing his knees up to his chest.

Nick misses her too.

"I wish I didn't hurt 'er too, believe me, I regret that so fuckin' much, I just...it hurts me too, you know." Alex whispers before dropping his face into his hands and accidentally shedding a few tears.

Forget really, really wanting her. He fucking needs her.

Matt, Nick and Jamie exchange looks, telepathically communicating, realising they might have been a tad harsh on their best mate. They make their way over to him, picking up his face from his hands and trying to find ways to cheer him up.

"I've just, you know, never felt summat this strong for someone before, she's all I can think 'bout." He admits, grabbing another cigarette and lighting it quickly before shoving it into his mouth. "I just, really, fuckin' like, need her." He mumbles as his band mates exchange looks before bringing him in for a 'man-hug' because let's face it, he's in despair. He sobs on their shoulders whispering her name.

He really fucking needs her.

"Come on mate." Jamie tries, pulling away from the 'hug'. "Ay, remember what we used to do when one of us, you know, broke up with someone? We all used to tell the story of us and that person we've been with, always made us feel better, it, like, gave us closure or summat, remember mate?" Jamie says shaking Alex's shoulder, trying anything for him to get his heart un-broken. Alex looks up at Jamie curiously with tears in his eyes after he says this.

"You wanna 'ear mine and Arabella's..." He pauses for at least a minute after he said her name because he hadn't meant to say it, her name just felt natural to him. Like it just slipped off his tongue. It hurt to say her name, like he just accidentally just poured lemon juice into his wound, it was like his heart hurt without her. "Uh, uh, you...you wanna 'ear our story?" Alex stumbles, trying to get his words out, trying to get them to make sense.

"Sure bud." Matt says patting Alex's knee, everyone turns to Nick next.

"If it 'elps, then sure Al." He says in his thick accent, smiling, trying anything to stop Alex from drowning in his own despair.

"Alright then, uh, you know that music store, down that street, yeah?" He said sinking into his seat as his best friends nodded. "Well, uh, it was a Saturday, 'bout 2 o'clock, you know, in the afternoon and I went in 'ere, 'cause I wanted a look around, and well, she was in 'ere." He continues, choking on his words a little.

The aching was back, the pain was back, he really needs the girl.

He really needs Arabella.

Hey, y'all, hope that wasn't too bad! It's my first story! I tried to put their accent in it, so that's why some of the speech looks weird 😂. Comments and reads or likes or whatever are welcome. I just really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really love Arctic Monkeys so yeah, I wanted to write a story! 😂😚