Confession (LUKE HEMMINGS IMAGINE)

#2014

So there I was, sitting lamely on Cassie's couch, with a diet Coke in my hand. I absolutely HATED parties. The only reason I went with Cass was because she needed a wing-woman. The whole school knows she has this gigantic crush on Calum Hood.

I was just sitting there quietly. ( Hell, I wasn't even speaking the whole party! ) When Cass came over. "I need help. Cal's over there", she pointed across the room. Standing there were Calum, Ashton, Mike, and, to my growing strikes of bad luck, Luke. The only soul i've told in the world that i was secretly in love with him was Cass. God forbid he find out any time soon. It was't just any crush either. I was thinking about him 24/7 and he never left my mind. Even though Cass has (repeatedly) told me it was extremely unhealthy to shut my feelings out, I knew i'd die if anyone else found out about it.

"Aly! Get up! It's my chance! I need help here!" Snapped from my thoughts, I got up and walked with her over to where they were. Very reluctantly, if I might add. Cassie was looking at me slyly, her lips forming into a surpressed smile. I was going to ask her about it, but I was focused on the task at hand. I let it slide

When we got there, I had absolutely zero seconds to react. Ash grabbed my wrists and held them behind my back. Cass and Cal kept me from kicking them, and Mikey tied my eyes with a bandana! Weirdly enough though, I noticed Luke had gone missing.

I had no idea what they were doing. "What the hell, guys! I thought we were mates! Cass, let go of me!" I was in no mood for a prank. They carried me off into an unknown room, rushed out, and locked the door. Way before I could get the crazy bandana off.

I heard laughter from the other side of the room. I nearly fainted when I saw LUKE of all people sitting on the bed with another blindfold in his hands. "So, they got you too." He said. Hearing that angelic voice made me want to die on the spot. My face started to heat up, so I moved and sat right infront of the door. Again, just to my luck, Luke sat next to me. I heard a faint snickering on the other side of the door. I knew they were there. "Let us out! Cass, come on! I wanna go home" I hoped whining to my best friend would do the trick, as I was melting from the presence beside me. No such luck.

That voice again. "Mates, just let us out. It's cold in here." I saw his gaze flicker to me, and I blushed a brighter shade of tomato. And again, more blushing, when I heard Luke whisper. "You're adorable when you blush." Then came a chorous of wolf-whistles from the other side of the door. Finally, Mike spoke up. "No one's leaving this room until we get confessions out of you!" Then Cass added "Sorry Aly! It's for the best!"

God. Damn. It. I wanted out of this room and to smack the 3 guys and 1 girl on the other side. I chanced a look to Luke, only to see him holding his head in his hands. I couldn't believe he was still sitting here. Next to me. I sighed heavily. Then said "Fine. But I will kill you four later." I heard more laughing, then "On with it, Aly" which i think was from Ashton.

I faced Luke, took a deep breath, then told him a secret I knew would make me the laughing stock of school on Monday. "I like you." Then turned back to the door and yelled an "Are you guys happy now?" to the four idiots behind it. I told them to open the door. I thought I was safe to run from the embarrassment, then Calum said, between laughs, that they needed to hear Luke's confession too. That's odd, I didn't think he had one.

I was blushing like mad now, because when I turned to Luke, he was already staring at me, with the most heart-melting smile you could ever see. He bit his Lip Ring, and blushed! I was ready to faint by the time he started speaking.

"Aly, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met. You are undeniably perfect, inside and out. Im in love with how shy you are. Im in love with the way you walk and talk. Im in love with how you always bite your lip. Im inlove with how sensitive and caring you are, and how I never see you mad. Im in love with the way you mess up your hair when your tired, and how you just adorably scrunch up your nose when your concentrating. Im in love with how easily you blush, and the fact that it's me that makes you blush. But most of all, im in love with you. You're perfect. It would mean the world to me if you would agree to be my girlfriend. "

I heard nothing but breathing on the other side of the door. I used that silence to my advantage and, blushing like mad, I managed a "Yes."

And as if this moment could've gotten any better, Luke pulled me in for the softest, sweetest kiss.

( A 16StereoHearts Original Short Story. No part may be copied or distributed w/o permission from the author. )