Chapter 3 - Abduction

Ian let out a groan as his tired hands rest on his lap. He had just about everything after hearing Grandmother's obscenities about him, but Ms. Hester just had to give them a five-paged homework. He stretched upwards in his family's luxurious limousine. This was his second visit at Anastasia' house. He should make the most of it.

"Sir Ian, are you sure this is it?" Mister Lancaster questioned, looking outside through the mirror.

They were at a small clearing in the woods beside the main road. He gaped at the narrow path leading to Anastasia's house until answering Mister Lancaster's question. "Yes, this it it."

"And Henry, where did you put the pouch I had given to you?" Ian asked, his eyes fixated on the dirt path.

"At the compartment, Sir Ian." He then reached out for the compartment, opening it. The small pouch laid there motionless. He then grabbed it as the door opened. 

"Sir Ian, may I ask why we are here?" Mister Lancaster asked, eyeing Ian.

"It's just for a school project." Ian lied, immediately regretting it when he said that. 

"Alright then." Mister Lancaster said, immediately silencing himself afterwards. 

Ian exited the car, dusting the invisible dirt from his navy blue blazer. "I am just going to take a short walk. I'll be back in a few minutes." He then jogged towards Anastasia's small house, expecting to see her there.

Ian calmly entered inside the small space, but Anastasia wasn't around. "Where is she?" He turned his head curiously, eyebrows furrowed. Then, something caught his eyes- a black notebook, he recognized. 

"What is this for?" He reached out for the black notebook on the wooden table. "Diary? Her diary?" He read at the top of the notebook's cover. "Well, it's an invasion of privacy, but if she isn't here..." A smirk began to form at his face, almost covering his whole face. He flipped the notebook to a random page just to find some messy handwriting on the page. "What the..." 

His face scrunched, obviously he was discombobulated. His eyes gaped at the page of the diary intently as if trying to solve a puzzle. "What is this..." 

Father, tell me what you did to me! You leave me in this cruel world with nothing but this horrid curse and your last words! What does those words mean? Why did you leave me with this curse? Why! How dare you leave me in this state? How will I survive? My inheritance was lost. The mansion was destroyed and you dare leave me like this? Why did you have to die? Father, tell me... 

The other parts of the page was some messed up writing Ian couldn't make out. A billion thoughts came surging into Ian's brain after he read it. Her word didn't make sense. Does she mean her father gave her the 'curse' she was always mumbling about? 

His thoughts were startled when somebody's voice called out. "Is someone there?" He recognized that the voice was Anastasia. He quickly laid down the dairy on where he first found it. 

"Anastasia?" Ian called out, walking towards where the voice came from.

"What were you doing at my house?" She yelled, aggravated. 

"Didn't I say I'll visit you again today?" Ian replied.

"My diary!" She exclaimed, walking towards it protectively. "You read it, didn't you?"

"Um, kind of..." Ian said, avoiding eye contact. "Wait, you have your eyes open!"

A gasp escaped from her lips, immediately closing her orbs when Ian reminded her. "I thought you said bad things were going to happen when you see someone."